CI scar

Ditto! I've got bilateral surgical scars over my hips that are pretty big, too. Like yours, mine aren't red, but are the same skin color.

As for itching, you're not the only one who has itchy scars. I've got surgical scars elsewhere on my body that itch like hell! Don't have a clue why, because scar tissue is *supposed* to not have any nerve endings. Yeah, coulda fooled me!

It may not have 'endings' directly in it, but there will always be nerves that lead to the scarred area, and therefore they do have 'ends' at some point, even if they have been cut. And in some cases they may be damaged to the point where they continuously itch or feel sensitive. Pain or itch can be transferred even if there is no nerve present (phantom sensations, for example)

I'm not sure if that is a 100% accurate description, but I think that is the basis of it.

It may not have 'endings' directly in it, but there will always be nerves that lead to the scarred area, and therefore they do have 'ends' at some point, even if they have been cut. And in some cases they may be damaged to the point where they continuously itch or feel sensitive. Pain or itch can be transferred even if there is no nerve present (phantom sensations, for example)

I'm not sure if that is a 100% accurate description, but I think that is the basis of it.

Eh.. I've had over 30 surgeries. I've only had one incidence where my scars itch. It's not unheard of, but it *usually* doesn't happen.

Eh.. I've had over 30 surgeries. I've only had one incidence where my scars itch. It's not unheard of, but it *usually* doesn't happen.

Haha, I guess I am unlucky then. Or maybe mine itch because they have hardware behind them. Really don't know. The only ones I really have problems with though are on my foot, it is numb in some areas and some areas are sensitive, almost feeling like slightly exposed nerves... if I scratch the area it feels tingly and sensitive, not -quite- painful but it is uncomfortable.

I had my CI surgery when i was maybe 9 years old. It was my decision. But i'm almost 15 now and i'll have my birthday in 2 months which is august 26th. But umm.. after a year or a few months after your surgery it goes away. I don't look at my scar at all because it makes me have an icky feeling...lol. I don't get queasy about it i just feel grossed out by it. idk y..oh well. But I do love my implant because I'm able to hear the wonderful sounds that i never heard before. Like the splashing waves, the birds chirping.

I have a lot of scars on my body that has lasted for many years.

I cut my knee 24 years ago, my chin 23 years ago, my fingertip 22 years ago, my ankle 21 years ago, my head 20 years ago, my leg 19 years ago, my stomach 17 years ago, my head twice 16 years ago, my arm 15 years ago, my hand twice 12 years ago, my hand 11 years ago, my wrist 11 years ago, my arm 8 years ago, my arm 5 years ago... and I still have scars for all of them. :)

Oh, are you talking about ONLY CI scars?

I don't have any.

But to my experience, it depends on when they got their surgery and who their doctor was.

The older surgeries had bigger and more noticeable scars, while newer surgeries have smaller and less noticeable scars.

You should have called urself a "Scarman" instead of vampy :rofl: J/K

I have CI scar on my right ear but it's the same color as my skin. Itches sometime. I have scar on my head under my hair. I got it when I was 7 years old and ran face down without looking and slammed against the door jamb :dizzy:. My mom took me to hospital and Dr sewed me up without anthesitic!! :Ohno: It's a painful moment I ever had. Had 4 or 6 nurses holding me down while Dr sewed. Had little scar on my lip from dog bite accident (anthesitic were administered this time!! Felt nothing while sew, ,my brother and dad were joking and laughing at me while nurse sewed, I tried to tell them shut up!! :lol:). I have several scars which are visible but doesn't bother me at all.

Catty

Yep old scars can be annoying. And yes there is nerves somewhere near it . Some nerve endings when cut, don't heal back together very well and still send out signals of itching etc. Try some creams over the counter for itch. I always try to find the ones with cortisone in the cream. My CI incision scar healed fairly well in less than 2 months . I have so much hair folks couldnt find it lol. My wifey says she have to perma mark the circle when she buzzes my CI coil area. So that the coil stays put and not jiggle. And yes I have the strongest maganet. I got the ceramic implant from MedEl, and very happy with it . Also possible you have a reaction to the silicone in your implant. Some people have a reaction to silicone, some light, some severe to have to have the silicone implant removed.

Good luck on killing the itch.

Not being baldheaded yet- Implant scar over the left ear hardly visible. Doesn't/hasn't itched at any time. The operation was July 12, 2007

The more melanin in your skin, the more you'll be prone to scars. I agree with others; some scars never go away. I have a scar from when I fell in the first grade. Sometimes, it still hurts. Sorry.

I still have my scars from my rollerskating and swimming accidents. :)

I have a CI scar on my left ear that I had for about 10-12 years, and It will fade over time. The only thing that will make it visible is if you didn't wash behind your ear because the scar can get dirty..trust me, my dad had lectured me a thousand times about me not washing my scar.. But i got my right ear implanted in september 2010, my scar was red for awhile but the redness faded. I can still see the scar but not too bad. The only difference is that my left implant scar was stitches, my right ear was glue. So, i guess that's kind of why.

Sorry, I noticed that I had a repost here... woops. I forgot I even posted here.

Last edited:
I have already remove ci surgery well almost to 9 yrs

I still have boocoos of scars that are visible, some not so visible. But I've not had a CI so I don't have a CI scar.

However I do have what I call the 'butter knife scar' and the 'fishing line scar'. LOL.

Both my ears have scars from multiple surgeries. And very big holes!...People have noted that when they looked thru the hole, it seemed they could see out the other side of my head....:giggle:...So I stopped wearing my hair pulled back....

Anyway, the surgery for the Chlosteatoma...the scar behind the left ear is very big and indented...there is no feeling at all behind the ear, it's numb.

Back