CI processor adhesive?

etalton

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? Mine shifts and I am constantly readjusting it. It also tends to stick out at the bottom. If there was such a thing as double sided sticky tape, I would have fewer problems and also wouldn't have to worry about it falling off.

cant say from first hand experience about tips or hints but from my reading everything i could find on them the only thing with adhesive ive seen is a magnet thing for someones head for the coil to attach too with adhesive on the one side.
Retainer Discs - 50 pack [fuz061] - $31.50 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system
there were a couple other things on there that are suppose to help secure the processor but like i said i cant say how or if they actually help.
Freedom Snugfit™ [xZ60971] - $36.00 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system
BTE Mic Lock for Freedom [z60922] - $31.50 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system

heres the link for everything on the cochlear website for the freedom"
Freedom : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system

Thanks. I have seen all those items. The first doesn't apply, the second I have and there are only two sizes-small and large and my ear is in the middle, sigh. As for the third, not sure if that would work or not since they don't show a picture of it being used. It does sound possible though. Will email Cochlear if no one in the forum has any input on them. Thanks. Right now, my earlobe looks like it is bent with a crease.
I was wondering if something like this would work???

Manhattan Wardrobe Supply: Wardrobe Supplies - Film, TV, Theater

(I hope the link works, if not, the "dots, 50 ct" further down the page are what I am referring to.)

the link worked. see what everyone else here with a CI thinks. could always see if walmart has those dots in the fabric section. would never hurt to try them and see if it would work.

Well, the sticky dots are very strong and it can actually hurt if you are trying to remove it.

Snugfit is great. The large one is for adults and the bottom part is bendable and flexible to the size of the person's ear. It's not stiff like you may think it is.

Since you were recently implanted, it does take a while for your ears to "adjust". It took me a couple months.

Another thing you can try is a larger ear hook. I still use it because it hugs the top part of my ear better and I twist the ear hook slightly towards my face so it's even more snug.

I have heard a lot of people use toupee tape. You can get it at a beauty supply store.

Mine does shift, often the controller comes apart from the processor!! Grr!, It's because our ear is adjusting to something heavier and newly shaped. I am 5 months... it had just started to settle (thank god!) but is getting Mold tomorrow for my skiing holiday as i am frightened of losing the processor!!

Mic - lock is honestly uncomfortable!!!! so it's up to you to try. I will take picture and post so u can see what it suppose to do!

Haven't tried Snugfit, we cannot order them easily in this country as most things are provided by the centre. So i am trying the mold route.

Toupee tape as faire jour says is a brill idea.

Overthepond,

The controller coming off the processor while wearing the CI. I've never had this happen even when I drop the unit and the battery flies out. You may want to take a really good look at the 3 tabs on the processor and the slots on the controller to make sure one is not cracked allowing the connection to be loose.

Steve

overthepond although I experience the same problems with my freedom , my processor and controller never split apart however..you should tell that at the center , to maybe replace the controller if it's faulty? this is weird..

I 've lost the proccesor though a number of times..and thought of trying the snugfit but after seeing etalton's post about making it more pronounced , I got ever more wary..

I also tried mic locs , they were provided in my box , weren't in yours etalton? but it made me feel like ear was trapped and it wouldn't even sit on!

Maybe get a loan from your audie for a babyworn cord? I did a loan from some friends , and it's helped me quite a lot , so I'm ordering mine next week , when I get it I will return the loaner back. that way only the proccessor sits behind your ear , the controller is somewhere in your clothes , and you can still turn it back in a full BTE when you want to dress smartly , or whenever..

I'm wary of the earmold solution as I just stopped having infections from my HA earmold so I'm not in a rush to try this...I will do ONLY if it's the last solution that is available to me...

Also I have the longer earhook even if its for babies..LOL! it helps me a lot!!

Thanks steve/vivie, The controller only comes off when i adjust the processor to make it more comfortable. It sticks out at the bottom so when i adjust the ear hook, holding controller in place it just comes off. It's not so bad now that i use my other hand to hold whole processor and adjust the ear hook, I will notify the Centre tomorrow.

Vivie, I too had recurring ear infections from wearing molds. I asked the centre for one that i can use when i am skiing as my coat neck pushes the processor off so i am so afraid of loosing it. They are getting me a open ear mold, it only will be used when i am on the slopes thats all. It may not get used at all as it is supposed to arrive tomorrow but with the british post it would be lucky if it did arrive! I am off on holiday sat am. Will take duct tape just in case! LOL!!!

I guess some processors have a tighter fit than others. My first one was hard to get apart, this second one is easy, but it does not come apart without me wanting it to. Something to have checked out though for sure, Charlotte.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. Gives me something to think about. Who would have thought a simple trick like turning the earhook a bit would help? But it does, Thanks LadySekhmet! Not perfect, but much better.

You welcome etalton. :) It does get a bit getting used to adjust the hook, but because I'm used to doing it for my hearing aids as it easily comes off as well, so it's not as bothersome.

Cochlear DO have earmold hooks. So, if you decide that you don't want extra equipment and still feel that it's not "hanging on" right. Buy the hooks, and use your old earmold, you can chop it up as much as you want as it's not needed...make it smaller or whatever. It will hold it in place better than anything else and it's great if you're skiing or doing rigorous activity (running, biking, etc etc). The only problem is I don't see it on the Product list, so I suggest you to call them.

Lmk if you want me to take a picture of them to show you the product.

You welcome etalton. :) It does get a bit getting used to adjust the hook, but because I'm used to doing it for my hearing aids as it easily comes off as well, so it's not as bothersome.

Cochlear DO have earmold hooks. So, if you decide that you don't want extra equipment and still feel that it's not "hanging on" right. Buy the hooks, and use your old earmold, you can chop it up as much as you want as it's not needed...make it smaller or whatever. It will hold it in place better than anything else and it's great if you're skiing or doing rigorous activity (running, biking, etc etc). The only problem is I don't see it on the Product list, so I suggest you to call them.

Lmk if you want me to take a picture of them to show you the product.
My CI is on the side that never had a hearing aid. My speech discrimination made it seem silly to pay the extra money for one. So, I don't have an ear mold for that ear. I am sure I can always get my audi to make one, but for now, I am actually happier with the way things are. I had been using the extended earhook, then looked at the "normal" ones and saw that some were longer than others. Switched to one of them, (with a twist towards my head like you suggested) and I have to say, I didn't fidget with my CI all day, well...except when I played with my hair. It has not hurt at all. I guess it is just a matter of trial and error.

Back