CI choices

eggyman

Reaction score
I have a letter stated the fact that i will have 3 choice implant which is N5,Med el or AB and that i will choose implant i like .
Today i went in for cochlear implant session,The lady said they had discussed it with team that med el is the top out of another 2 different implant brand and were given a only choice of med el the reason is reliable,cost surgery,good and cheaper . Do i smell a rat ? LOL
HMMMMM very interesting What about my choice and i was very disappointed so i am going to email the head department tomorrow morning and explain the situation .Hopefully i get the choice to pick :D

I have a letter stated the fact that i will have 3 choice implant which is N5,Med el or AB and that i will choose implant i like .
Today i went in for cochlear implant session,The lady said they had discussed it with team that med el is the top out of another 2 different implant brand and were given a only choice of med el the reason is reliable,cost surgery,good and cheaper . Do i smell a rat ? LOL
HMMMMM very interesting What about my choice and i was very disappointed so i am going to email the head department tomorrow morning and explain the situation .Hopefully i get the choice to pick :D

Considering that they are going to drill a hole in your head and plant the damn thing in your skull, I would think that you should have some say in which device they opt for.

Considering that they are going to drill a hole in your head and plant the damn thing in your skull, I would think that you should have some say in which device they opt for.
Hi ,i know the fact that they r drilling hole in my skull & fitted implant in .yeah is kinda risky although i don't have much hearing left as hearing aids is already maxed out .I should be the one picking not them . :roll:

Have you done thorough research on the internal device for each of the three outside of the marketing materials? Do you understand how the internal devices work and what they are capable of? Do you understand the range of strategies available with each implant? Don't go by what your friends are using.

Med El is a great option. I understand your hesitance though since they seem to have chosen for you. I agree you should be making the choice yourself. Good luck!

There is probably some bias here and there. The one person who you should ask is your surgeon, as he is ultimately responsible for making the best suggestions.

Yes, it is possible that your surgeon was promised a one month all-expense paid vacation in Dubai if he implants a specific number of brand "X" implants.....:lol:

:shock:

Have you done thorough research on the internal device for each of the three outside of the marketing materials? Do you understand how the internal devices work and what they are capable of? Do you understand the range of strategies available with each implant? Don't go by what your friends are using.

Med El is a great option. I understand your hesitance though since they seem to have chosen for you. I agree you should be making the choice yourself. Good luck!

Hi,yeah i have reasearch thousand time on all 3 implant brand .Off course i do understand all the device work and what they capable off ,do i understand the range of strategies avaibale with each implant ? i am not sure about that :S ,It is was my choice not what my friend have ,purely is my descison and med el was not on my top list :eek3:

There is probably some bias here and there. The one person who you should ask is your surgeon, as he is ultimately responsible for making the best suggestions.

Yes, it is possible that your surgeon was promised a one month all-expense paid vacation in Dubai if he implants a specific number of brand "X" implants.....:lol:

:shock:

what a cheeky b*****d :D surgeon was promised a one month all expense paid vacation in dubai if he implant a specific number of brand X Are u sure about this & u got proof ? lol :laugh2:

do i understand the range of strategies avaibale with each implant ? i am not sure about that

This is very important. I encourage you to continue researching and understand the strategies. External processors will come and go, but the internal implant stays and needs to be able to keep up with advances. If nothing else, you'll know what to request from your Audie.

This is very important. I encourage you to continue researching and understand the strategies. External processors will come and go, but the internal implant stays and needs to be able to keep up with advances. If nothing else, you'll know what to request from your Audie.

Thank 4 advice , i have dediced what i am going for ;) . Why u think med el is a great option ,i do wish they reduced the speech processor size ,it is way too big like fitting 3 batteries while other two implant brand have rechargeable battery .

Thank 4 advice , i have dediced what i am going for ;) . Why u think med el is a great option ,i do wish they reduced the speech processor size ,it is way too big like fitting 3 batteries while other two implant brand have rechargeable battery .

I agree on the processor size/shape. It's not really to my liking either. Processors come and go though. My focus is on the internal technology as that is the most important aspect of any implant. You will want access to advanced strategies and Med El does indeed engineer their internal implants to have the capability both for now and in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing Med El at you... just being reassuring since it seemed your implant center picked it for you. I agree you should have your choice. You will want to be happy knowing it was you who made the decision. Just make sure your decision is based on the internal implant (and they are all reliable) with an understanding of how it works in your ear.

Back