Ci article interview!

DragonYoga

Reaction score
I need 2 people - 1 DEAF, 1 HEARING for this article. I DO NOT WANT ANYONE WHO ALREADY HAS CI - it will not count towards this article.

My assignment is for class. I need to write an article about a rising trend, with a person who is part of the trend (already have), an expert (waiting on the CI researcher/developer's response), and an observer of the trend.

I know it's been FOREVER since I've been on here. Been busy.... :shock:

Here are the questions. For this I need your name (you can PM me the answers, and just give me your name like J. Dirt or something). Because the last thing I want is to start a damn flaming war on here :)mad: at y'all) I must ask that you PM me your answers. My article is due Monday, so if the moderator can delete this thread for me Monday morning 8am I would be grateful. Oh - and Moderator? If anyone tries to post the answers on here, could you delete that post to prevent any flaming? :ty:.

1. Are you Deaf or hearing?

2. What do you think about the rising trend of Cochlear Implants?

3. Do you believe that there is (partly) an economic reason behind the trend? By this I mean do you believe that parents who choose CI for their children rather than hearing aids, do so partly because they know the insurance companies or Medicaid will pay for the surgery rather than the hearing aids?

4. How do you feel about the trend? Do you feel it will destroy the Deaf culture? Why or why not?

5. In your opinion, do you believe the trend will continue to rise, or do you believe that it will plateau before declining? Why?

6. As a Deaf/Hearing observer, how do you feel about the entire cochlear implant issue?

THANK YOU!!!

Now remember - COPY/PASTE into the PM and answer me there. My personal opinions don't matter. I'm completely neutral on this issue - my only goal is to get YOUR honest opinion, which will go into this article.

Thanks again! Love y'all bunches and bunches!!!

Back