CI and balance Issues

Deb1hd I had exactly the same test before my first CI last year. Today I saw the Dr. and all he did was ask me if I had any balance problems after the last one. Said No and so he said most likely will not on this one. I go in for surgery Thursday morning for the second one on the left side. Then almost 5 weeks before they turn it on :(. The clinic I go to is called Balance and hearing clinic so they do all of that there I would surmise from the name of the place.

Don.. Are you saying if the test that i did had no effect on me. ( didn't make me sick or dizzy then something is not right) hm mm if that is the case then i guess i didn't pass it. I wonder why they went ahead with the surgery. when I first started losing my hearing I would get car sick, sea sick, water bed sick. all the time... I can't ride rides at amusement parks ect... even before my surgery i had started to get into panics when I'm stuck in situations where I'm leaning for periods of time.. Now I'm just flat confused. I haven't been able to drive since surgery... too scared and I know if I don't get this straightened out that my motorcycle riding days are over... I just hope this therapy helps. or when i get turned on it will help too..

Hi Deb
The test you had did they use warm water or hot air in your ears? That is the balance test I have had in the past for vertigo. I am sorry for the misunderstanding on my behalf.

It sounds like your balance issue maybe caused by swelling around the vestibular nerve from the surgery and should go away in time.

All the best to you, Don

I hope so. I still have some swelling on the outside. So probally on the inside to... Thanks Don

Hi Deb you need to do those exercises they will get your working vestibular nerve to take over balance for the damaged one as well they worked for me after my Labyrinthectomy.

I'm still waiting for the therapy haven't heard from from them yet. when i get the exercises i will do them :)

Probably he is. I am stuck with the balance problems since I got my auditory nerves eaten by a virus.

I've got the same problem, but have been greatly helped by practicing Tai Chi, they are gentle exercises that really helps with the balance.

Back