darkangel8603

Reaction score
i am getting turn on today.. wish me luck

more update later.

Wishes you have great luck..

Let me know.. how's went well ?
*curiouis* what sound alike ? Love to hear yours.. :D

i am back home now.

The turn on was great, but It was a bit awkward.

I went in the room with my parents and the audiologist. She hooked the parts that connected to the computer and try to work, but apparity it didnt work or something on her laptop. So she called the company and talked with her. After about 20 mins of struggling, she just gave up and just skipped that part. (it was suppose to clean out something i not sure what for) anyway, so i started hearing beeps, and stuff, it was weird feeling inside my head. After the beeping was done, she turned it on, then my mom started talking and kim (the audiologist) started talking, I could hear them, but their voice was soo high pitched, and it was strange to hear that. Kim asked me if i can tell the different between my dad and mom's voice, so my dad started talking, and i could, my dad had lower voice than my mom. It was cool and weird at the same time. After the whole thing, kim programmed three different programs, and put me on the lowest one for now. After i got out of the room, i turned the volume down because it was a bit too loud and uncomfortable, so i turned it down and it was ok. Still feels strange and stuff.

Now i am home, and typing, and i can hear the keyboard typing, it is pretty loud. lol..

My mom's voice sounds like daffy duck lol. but my dad and brother's voice sound low. I could actually hear the differences between my dad and brother's voice.

Darkangel,

Pretty interesting... Impressive..

Extactly as same my friend said about keyboard which it's so loud typing... really annoys but getting used w/it..

so many different sounds hearing coming from background and outside sounds so different...

Wonderful news! Glad to hear it went well.

Enjoy all the sounds but yep they can be loud and annoying. Just take it one day at a time with each day a new adventure...

Very Cool Darkangel, I am very happy for you, it sounds like you are off to a great start. If you are not only understanding speech but you can discrimenate between different voices on your first day it should mean you will have allot of success with your CI. You still have a long way to go but this is a super start and I bet you will be amazed at just how noisy this world is. I remember the first time I flushed the toilet after activation geezzz talk about LOUD...lol my wife and Audi were standing outside the bathroom laughing their fool heads off at me...lolol

darkangel8603 said:
i am back home now.

I went in the room with my parents and the audiologist. She hooked the parts that connected to the computer and try to work, but apparity it didnt work or something on her laptop. So she called the company and talked with her. After about 20 mins of struggling, she just gave up and just skipped that part. (it was suppose to clean out something i not sure what for) anyway, so i started hearing beeps, and stuff, it was weird feeling inside my head. After the beeping was done, she turned it on, then my mom started talking and kim (the audiologist) started talking, I could hear them, but their voice was soo high pitched, and it was strange to hear that. Kim asked me if i can tell the different between my dad and mom's voice, so my dad started talking, and i could, my dad had lower voice than my mom. It was cool and weird at the same time. After the whole thing, kim programmed three different programs, and put me on the lowest one for now. After i got out of the room, i turned the volume down because it was a bit too loud and uncomfortable, so i turned it down and it was ok. Still feels strange and stuff.

Now i am home, and typing, and i can hear the keyboard typing, it is pretty loud. lol..

My mom's voice sounds like daffy duck lol. but my dad and brother's voice sound low. I could actually hear the differences between my dad and brother's voice.
hello!
i'm new on here and reading the post. i'm hard of hearing... just went to my audiologist the other day to order some new hearing aids. my old one's broke into pieces!! oh well! they were 9 years old!! while i was there, they gave me a hearing test and told me that they weren't going to give me the digital hearing aids since my hearing is now damage.. its kinda hard to believe and told me to starting thinking about a cochlear implant. i've actually been thinking about one for a while since i've been out of high school.. it cost a lot of money and i only got medicate which it won't cover for the CI. i def. want a cochlear implant badly since i want to hear... i think it would be a amazing expericence!! while i was reading your post, you saying you can hear your parents voice and know the difference.!! thats awesome girl! i mean i know its kinda hard for me to understand since i don't have a CI.. do you really hear like a normal person or almost like one? dang i wish i had mine now but i need more testing done! eventually time will come shortly... do you have bilateral or single? ci?
wow i wish you could tell me more about it... i'm glad you can hear with your ci!! congrats!! :cheers:
anyways... i really hope you can tell me more about yourself and the ci.. im 21 year old f.
to warn you i'm new at the site.. so bare with me.... have a blessing day!! :wiggle:

Cassbugs said:
hello!
i'm new on here and reading the post. i'm hard of hearing... just went to my audiologist the other day to order some new hearing aids. my old one's broke into pieces!! oh well! they were 9 years old!! while i was there, they gave me a hearing test and told me that they weren't going to give me the digital hearing aids since my hearing is now damage.. its kinda hard to believe and told me to starting thinking about a cochlear implant. i've actually been thinking about one for a while since i've been out of high school.. it cost a lot of money and i only got medicate which it won't cover for the CI. i def. want a cochlear implant badly since i want to hear... i think it would be a amazing expericence!! while i was reading your post, you saying you can hear your parents voice and know the difference.!! thats awesome girl! i mean i know its kinda hard for me to understand since i don't have a CI.. do you really hear like a normal person or almost like one? dang i wish i had mine now but i need more testing done! eventually time will come shortly... do you have bilateral or single? ci?
wow i wish you could tell me more about it... i'm glad you can hear with your ci!! congrats!! :cheers:
anyways... i really hope you can tell me more about yourself and the ci.. im 21 year old f.
to warn you i'm new at the site.. so bare with me.... have a blessing day!! :wiggle:

forgot to add... pm me :angel:

darkangel8603 said:
i am back home now.

forgot to add. PM me sometime! :scatter:

Gigabyte said:
I remember the first time I flushed the toilet after activation geezzz talk about LOUD...lol my wife and Audi were standing outside the bathroom laughing their fool heads off at me...lolol

I had that experience when I switched from programmable to digital aids! Not that it was loud, exactly, but ... it's such a *complex* noise. Of course, my family thought it was hilarious that I was so fascinated by the dang toilet.

Back