Chupacabra found in Texas?

these things started being reported as far back as 2004 outside of San Antonio.
In 2007 Phylis Canion of Cuero Texas found another.
In 2008 several were filmed by a county deputy with his dashboard camera, outside of Cuero Texas.

IMO they are just a species of coyote or dog that had not been discovered yet...

can you tell I watch Monster Quest a lot? :P

I don't think it is a chupacabra. I believe it's a Xolo dog.

Edit:
The Xoloitzcuintli also spelled Xoloitzcuintle, is more commonly known as the Mexican Hairless, or Xolo. It resembles a robust Manchester Terrier. The Xolo is one of the worlds oldest and rarest breeds dating back over 3,000 years. Artifacts and clay pottery of this ancient breed has been found in the tombs of Colima, Mayan, Aztec Indians. They were highly prized for their loyalty, intelligence, curative and mystical powers. The Xolo of today remains virtually unchanged. Ancestors of the Aztec Indians brought hairless dogs called "Biche" (meaning naked) with them when they arrived in Mexico from Asia. The Aztecs enjoyed the hairless dogs as pets, but also found them useful as bed warmers, food, and sacrificial offerings. The toasty warm body heat of the toy hairless dogs made them in demand as ancient hot-water bottles, relieving stomach pains and rheumatic joints, or simply for warming beds during cold nights. Extreme cold made for a "Three Dog Night." The breed's palliative qualities magnified until its "healing powers" became a cure-all. Clay figures and remains of these dogs, dating from 300 to 900 AD, have been found in burial sites, where dogs guided the souls to a happy afterlife and furnished nourishment until it was reached. The Xolo is native to Mexico and is widespread throughout South America. It is named after the ancient dog Xoloti. At the end of the nineteenth century, it became completely a companion dog. The warmth from these dogs is still enjoyed today, particularly by the elderly. The Xolo is no longer in danger of Extinction and is not in danger do to lack of interest. The Xolo today is being acknowledged with increased interest, for there companion ship, loyalty, cleanliness and flexibility to do it all! They make great companions, show, agility, obedience, therapy and service dogs.

source:Xoloitzcuintle, Mexican Hairless, Xoloitzcuintli, Xolo

It's the time for this dead dog to go to a happy afterlife.

Last edited:
Very intriguing - I've seen Xolos at Rare Breed shows and also seen that program, Monster Quest. It will be very intriguing if we can ever discover what this actually IS.

I don't think it is a chupacabra. I believe it's a Xolo dog.

possible.
:hmm:
compare the picture in the OP to the Xolo. the critter in the OP has a longer snout. the DNA of all of the critters found in TX have coyote DNA. perhaps it is a mix of both Xolo and coyote. that could have happened over the years in the wild, creating a new breed...

That is the most ugliest thing I ever seen!!! EWW! :shock:

this dog has the honor of being the world's ugliest dog

Ugly_dog.jpg

yeah the picture is real and there are articles all over the www about Sam

That's interesting. But it does look like a Xolo

mexhairless.jpg

possible.
:hmm:
compare the picture in the OP to the Xolo. the critter in the OP has a longer snout. the DNA of all of the critters found in TX have coyote DNA. perhaps it is a mix of both Xolo and coyote. that could have happened over the years in the wild, creating a new breed...

Or it could be a mixed breed of Mexican Red wolf and Xolo. I don't believe chupacabra exists out there unless I'm wrong. LOL Latin Americans are extremely superstitious.

Or it could be a mixed breed of Mexican Red wolf and Xolo. I don't believe chupacabra exists out there unless I'm wrong. LOL Latin Americans are extremely superstition.

lol I don't believe in it either. i think most of the things reported are misindentified species. this chupacabra in the article is just some kind of unidentified mutt.

another monster quest episode identifed some kind of vampire creature killing dogs in the carolinas. after the episode aired one of the people in the episode captured a picture of a moutain lion. apparently cougars are finding their way back into areas that they were hunted out of 100 years earlier...

lol I don't believe in it either. i think most of the things reported are misindentified species. this chupacabra in the article is just some kind of unidentified mutt.

I agree that there have been cases of misidentified species out there definitely need to be solved.

another monster quest episode identifed some kind of vampire creature killing dogs in the carolinas. after the episode aired one of the people in the episode captured a picture of a moutain lion. apparently cougars are finding their way back into areas that they were hunted out of 100 years earlier...

Then, cougar is a vampire creature. Maybe it has the ability to shape shift into a vampire creature..... JK

I am not aware cougars do live in the Carolinas. It appears the cougars have been migrating and settling in the Carolinas.

I haven't had an opportunity to watch Monster Quest... ;)

Then, cougar is a vampire creature.
yep misidentified out of superstition and fear

Maybe it has the ability to shape shift into a vampire creature..... JK
lol
I am not aware cougars do live in the Carolinas. It appears the cougars have been migrating and settling in the Carolinas.
cougars were eliminated by man from the Carlinas around the turn of the 20th century. looks like they are making a come back

I haven't had an opportunity to watch Monster Quest... ;)
oh check it out. I find some of the episodes halarious... some are amazing. like the one with the Florida sea monster. there is over 40 hours of film footage of the things. they have a trident tail and built like a seal. it swims way to fast for it to be a misidentified manatee. they try to explain how the tail formation could be caused by a manatee being hit by a boat propelier. it get quickly debunked because the trident tail was to symmetrical .... could be a newly discovered seal. :shrug:
Monk seals are warm water seals that disappeared from the Carribbean in the 1950's or maybe not... they were 6-9 feet long. the things filmed in the episode were estimated to be 10-15 feet in length

Back