Christy Smith at RIT (March 18, 2004)

cjester27

Reaction score
www.rit.edu/~nscwww/index.html

From the NTID Student Council website of RIT (thanks Levonian!):
The "World as One" event has been postponed to March 25th. Please update your calendars! There is also another event on March 18th, starring Christy Smith from the "Survivor's" series. More information on this to come later!

I don't understand how to play the penny war. A penny increases a point but a nickel decreases 5 points. Doesn't make a sense to me. :dunno:

tekkmortal said:
I don't understand how to play the penny war. A penny increases a point but a nickel decreases 5 points. Doesn't make a sense to me. :dunno:
Why do you think it's called "Penny War"? It's all about pennies. In order to win, we have to earn a lot of points based on pennies. Sure, other kinds of money give us more, but the challenge is to try spending as much money as we can... in pennies.

It does sorta follow the philosophy of good vs evil. If you read newspaper, it's usually bad things that are published and paid more attention to than good things. If you do something nice to another person, only that person will know about it and word doesn't get around... but, if you do something bad, everyone will know about it right away.

VamPyroX said:
Why do you think it's called "Penny War"? It's all about pennies. In order to win, we have to earn a lot of points based on pennies. Sure, other kinds of money give us more, but the challenge is to try spending as much money as we can... in pennies.

It does sorta follow the philosophy of good vs evil. If you read newspaper, it's usually bad things that are published and paid more attention to than good things. If you do something nice to another person, only that person will know about it and word doesn't get around... but, if you do something bad, everyone will know about it right away.

Yeah but I am sure the cheaters will go to the bank and make an exchange of $100.00 for 10,000 pennies.

VamPyroX said:
Are you a student at RIT?

Me? I wish I was, but I'm far far away from NY State (in Indiana). Wish I could go.

(I'm actually the hearie creator of a Christy Smith-based message board called Christy's World.)

Back