Christian Women Only: Modesty According To The Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiffzer

Reaction score
Do you Christian Women follow the Bible accordingly when it comes to attire and modesty?

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered." -1 Corinthians 11:5-6

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." -1 John 2:16"

In other words, do you dress like Jewish and Muslim women? If not, why? Do you not fear your Lord? As the Bible was written for all of mankind for all of times (if you claim it to be the final religion), the common excuse, "Today is the 21st century. Time's changing," will not work. Remember, God sees all that you feel and all that you do.

Proceed!

That's very interesting.

Everyone interprets the modesty issue differently. I don't dress modestly because it doesn't fit my personality. I'm proud to be me, why should I hide who I am just because some people find it "immoral" ?

And since I'm more spiritual than religious, i believe that I have the right to wear what is most comfortable for me, period.

That's my answer, at least for me.

Everyone interprets the modesty issue differently. I don't dress modestly because it doesn't fit my personality. I'm proud to be me, why should I hide who I am just because some people find it "immoral" ?

And since I'm more spiritual than religious, i believe that I have the right to wear what is most comfortable for me, period.

That's my answer, at least for me.

If you're not Christian (or religious), then you don't need to post. :)

Well, "dude", you're certainly no Christian if you were a "former" Christian. ;) Don't post if it doesn't apply to you.

Do you Christian Women follow the Bible accordingly when it comes to attire and modesty?

In other words, do you dress like Jewish and Muslim women? If not, why? Do you not fear your Lord? As the Bible was written for all of mankind for all of times (if you claim it to be the final religion), the common excuse, "Today is the 21st century. Time's changing," will not work. Remember, God sees all that you feel and all that you do.

Proceed!

I am at loss about this part Jewish women being dress differently?
Nope I do not follow them and I do not fear my Lord with what I wear. It had nothing to do with those law God put on us alike follow 10 commandment Moses' law and 3 commandment Jesus Christ Himself law.

I am at loss about this part Jewish women being dress differently?
Nope I do not follow them and I do not fear my Lord with what I wear. It had nothing to do with those law God put on us alike follow 10 commandment Moses' law and 3 commandment Jesus Christ Himself law.

True Jewish women wear hair coverings as a sign of religious faith and respect to modesty. Apparently, you disregard the Jewish law in which Jesus Christ based his teachings on. Why is that?

83015z.jpg

jewishgirls.jpg

Jewish Woman said:
When we were first married, my husband and I lived in the Old City of Jerusalem. Constantly barraged by tourists in all kinds of apparel, I maintained most of the immunity to minimally attired people I had acquired during my pre-religious life. Later, however, we moved to our present neighborhood, where it's unusual to see a person dressed "immodestly." One day, two or three years after our move, I was standing outside our building when a sports car pulled up and a couple got out. He had on skin-tight pants and a shirt unbuttoned halfway down his chest; she was sporting a low-cut blouse, a cling miniskirt, and spike heels. I looked at them, and my spontaneous, uncensored reaction was, "I don't get it. What's he trying to prove -- and why is she dressed like a streetwalker?"

Immediately I was startled and ashamed. How could I have thought such terrible things about two people I didn't even know? And why, after a lifetime of exposure to similarly dressed people, only now? Suddenly I realized that I'd once unconsciously accepted as "normal" men and (especially) women presenting themselves physically. After a few years of living among people whose dress reflected a deeper sense of self, I'd internalized a different norm. With an almost childlike innocence, I simply couldn't understand why these people would want to advertise themselves as bodies. What to them and their society was a normal mode of self-presentation, was to me like a neon sign flashing, "Objectify me!"

Christian and jewish women do NOT dress the same.

Christian women who believe in headcovering and grow up in families that do do so from when they're younger.
Jewish women do so when they marry.
Christian women that decide to headcover more often than not also dress "plain" or "modern plain", not wearing patterned clothing or the like.
Jewish women wear colours, patterns, ect.

So no, it is not equal.

Moreover, who are you to say others cannot have their say in the matter?
who are you to judge that someone is being a bad christian because they decide they cannot, for their own reasons, be dress as modestly as the bible might suggest?

Christians believe in forgiveness. God will not send anyone to hell because they didn't put their bonnet or snood on.

Would you tell a muslim sister she was being a terrible muslim because she didn't wear hijab? If you would, I honestly pity you.

Christian and jewish women do NOT dress the same.

There's a reason why. ;) This is a mixed sign that much of the traditions have been abandoned or changed over time.

Christian women who believe in headcovering and grow up in families that do do so from when they're younger.
Jewish women do so when they marry.
Christian women that decide to headcover more often than not also dress "plain" or "modern plain", not wearing patterned clothing or the like.
Jewish women wear colours, patterns, ect.

Jews wearing colored or patterned clothes is fine, as long as they are not excessive and do not grab attention [according to God's Law].

In the start of the Jews and Christians, those that marry, marry early in age. This is why it was assumed to be permissible to say the least for girls to not cover their heads [because they have not matured physically yet]. However, it is different now. Marriages are done much later at a late age when women's bodies are already at peak maturity and thus they are more attractive. This is partially why Islam calls on all women to cover themselves modestly, not just only married women.

So no, it is not equal.

Christians base their way of life on the Jewish way of life. It should not be any different. The concept is the same.

Moreover, who are you to say others cannot have their say in the matter? who are you to judge that someone is being a bad christian because they decide they cannot, for their own reasons, be dress as modestly as the bible might suggest?

I only call for Christian women, not people who aren't. I never judged someone to be a "bad" Christian. You have, apparently.

Christians believe in forgiveness. God will not send anyone to hell because they didn't put their bonnet or snood on.

You wish to be arrogant to say that? You do not know of God's mind. Only God knows best.

Would you tell a muslim sister she was being a terrible muslim because she didn't wear hijab? If you would, I honestly pity you.

Again, I never judged someone to be a "bad" Muslim either. The bottom line is, I do not judge, even if my words seem to rebuke others.

It is not arrogant to say that biblically, faith in Jesus Christ and acceptance of yourself as a sinner, is enough to enter Heaven. Other abrahamic religions may not agree, heck, I might not agree, but that doesn't change it. Sorry if I seemed harsh with you.

It is not arrogant to say that biblically, faith in Jesus Christ and acceptance of yourself as a sinner, is enough to enter Heaven. Other abrahamic religions may not agree, heck, I might not agree, but that doesn't change it. Sorry if I seemed harsh with you.

Perhaps, "Bibically", it would be safe to say that. Saying, "God knows best," is wise as it will be your safeguard.

Sister, I am sorry if I even appeared to be harsh with you too. :)

Perhaps, "Bibically", it would be safe to say that. Saying, "God knows best," is wise as it will be your safeguard.

Sister, I am sorry if I even appeared to be harsh with you too. :)

After i read many posts of yours... Seems that you are not agnostic at all...

If I'm not, then what am I? ;) Don't be so quick to judge even by my words. I play several roles. :)

True Jewish women wear hair coverings as a sign of religious faith and respect to modesty. Apparently, you disregard the Jewish law in which Jesus Christ based his teachings on. Why is that?

83015z.jpg

jewishgirls.jpg

I do not follow Jewish Law. My belief those were written to protect women from men who lust over them. Wearing proper clothes had nothing to do with my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I also do eat pork which it is against Jewish Law and I believe muslims do not eat pork.

I do not see any Jewish women here wear clothes like one u show here pix. They wear same clothes as I do nowdays.

Orthodox Jewish women do -not- wear the same clothes. They must cover themselves up to their collarbones, past their elbows, and past their knees (even sitting). They don't wear pants. They don't wear certain colours. They have to cover their hair or wear a wig once they marry.

something like this might be something a younger girl would wear
setMint.jpg

or
cordwrapnavy.GIF

while a christian woman would look a little more like..
91829.jpg

or
quaker_on_the_great_plains.jpg

A.jpg

Fair enough. All of these are still far more modest than today's clothing that American women wear.

I do not follow Jewish Law. My belief those were written to protect women from men who lust over them. Wearing proper clothes had nothing to do with my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I also do eat pork which it is against Jewish Law and I believe muslims do not eat pork.

I do not see any Jewish women here wear clothes like one u show here pix. They wear same clothes as I do nowdays.

Are you Christian?

Yeah! Good point!

That's obviously proof that Christian woman don't really listen to God! Tsk tsk tsk... :nono:

Yeah! Good point!

That's obviously proof that Christian woman don't really listen to God! Tsk tsk tsk... :nono:

That was my main point of all Christians today. Many of them are hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back