Children of a Lesser God/ ASL classes

deafsqrrl

Reaction score
Alright if I use a film to show to my ASL classes (Level Begining 101 and 102) at a community college ?
If not, why not?
If so, why?

I wanted to check with you guys, before I decide to introduce the film.

Thanks.

Sqrrl.

Alright if I use a film to show to my ASL classes (Level Begining 101 and 102) at a community college ?
If not, why not?
If so, why?

Thanks.

Sqrrl.

What about "Sweet nothing in my ear"? A bit more up to date than Children of Lesser God.

Films

If not, why not?
If so, why?

Thanks.

Sqrrl.

Although this is an awesome movie, not very documentary for learning purposes...try this movie, much more informative of the deaf, deaf culture, growing up etc..."THROUGH DEAF EYES" I use it for my classes and the students get so much more out of it.

If not, why not?
If so, why?

Thanks.

Sqrrl.

If you do not mind your class seeing cuss words or some sexual stuff.

some parts okay....

There are some parts of Children of a Lesser God that would be educational but I have to agree that Through Deaf Eyes is a WONDERFUL documentary to show your students. I teach at the high school level and I use this the first 2 weeks of school so that the students can see many different signers and styles of signing, can see and understand the history of Deafness and Sign Language. There is so much information on there that is beneficial. Since you have college students I would show Through Deaf Eyes and then have a list of other movies that they can rent or buy themselves to watch if they are interested.

Shasta
DeSoto High School ASL I/II

I miss "Through Deaf Eyes" but I saw some on preview about it. I wish I could see the film but someday I will get to see the film soon. I have seen the movie "Children of a Lesser God" and it is a very good movie and I express my feelings about this movie. However, I do agree with other Aders that "Through Deaf Eyes" is very informational and a wonderful documentrary about Deaf people who have gone through with Audists and suffered through so much hardship just like History. Anyway it is about Deaf Culture right in this film. So go with the "Through Deaf Eyes" instead of "Children with a Lesser God". Good luck. :thumb:

Back