Child Playing

Weirdo

Reaction score
Child playing with matches may be to blame for apartment blaze

Authorities believe that the blaze was started by a child playing with matches.

Child playing with matches may be to blame for apartment blaze
Elderly woman abandoned at assisted living facility
Man critically injured after being beaten possibly with bat
Two kids hospitalized after being hit by car on freeway feeder
Smoother ride for West Loop/Katy Freeway commuters today
Attorney denies overcharging Clara Harris during murder trial
Autopsy report appears to contradict deputy's self-defense claim
Opening arguments to begin in trial of Houston Rockets legend
Men could face charges again after serving time for the same crime

More recent stories

One of the residents told Eyewitness News that she lost everything and that's true for most of the people who called the 14 devastated apartments home.
It started at 7:30pm Thursday on Wilson and Intercontinental. Several people heard a loud blast and minutes later, they began seeing fire. Neighbors worked together, breaking down doors and beating on them to ensure that everyone got out quickly.

It took firefighters a while to get the fire under control. Neighbors believe the fire was started by a four-year-old girl.

"It started at my neighbor's house. My little girl was babysitting and the little girl had struck a match," said one fire victim we spoke with. "So my little girl was trying to put it out and it got on the curtain some kind of way. So she ran upstairs and told me that the house was on fire."

Dozens of people were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross is on the scene, trying to help those families. Most fire victims say they don't have insurance.

No injuries were reported.
(Copyright © 2004, KTRK-TV)

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/110504_local_aptfire.html

Damn! That sucks! Obviously, there was no real supervision.

Buggar...that shows that there was lack of supervision of the children being babysat. :roll:

Back