Child leashes

Maybe u can just contact local sp school or law enforcement offices for help.

Online they have new bracelets and necklaces that are USB and they can carry a person info a whole setup all my kids have these I found mine at Swiss gear.

I had a parent who couldn't drive with her child in the car because the child (who was autistic) would get SUPER HYPER and this extremely tall and lanky child would get out of his seatbelt and harness and jump all over the car while she was driving! The child was 11 at the time. So she had to make sure she had another person in the car with her.

When he was on the bus, he had a harness and I believe his hands were 'bound' or restricted somehow since he could take off his harness quickly. The kid was a known escape artist. :(

When he was on the bus, he had a harness and I believe his hands were 'bound' or restricted somehow since he could take off his harness quickly. The kid was a known escape artist. :(

I worked with behaviorally challenged kids in the schools and we had many in harnesses and one that could still get out so we eventually had to have an aide on the bus with him.

Unless they have a disability that requires it, of course.

I'm a special education teacher, and I'd have to say that leases, when used correctly, are a -must-. It keeps the child safe, and lets them have the freedom of not having to hold your hand all the time. In our program with older kids we use a 'strap,' a leash connecting my wrist to the kid's wrist. It keeps them from darting away, and even from self harming behavior like hitting or head banging. Sometimes people look at me like I'm a monster, but they don't understand that this is for the child's safety, not only from themselves, but from other people. I also agree with the use of them in small children, it is not treating your child like an animal, it is treating your child like the special gift they are, and ensuring their safety. Not only that, but it is not a matter of trust in your child or of discipline, but a lack of trust for the world. Even the most well behaved child can easily be snatched away from you in the mall, even walking right next to you. Leashes deter and help prevent this.

Back