Check Out My Blog

HearingGifted

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

How are you? I hope your day is wonderful. I recently started a blog to connect with individuals who have hearing loss and need motivation. You can learn more about my blog at Living With Hearing Challenges. The blog is my first step to reaching my career goals. Please follow and share my blog to those who might be interested. Thank you for your support.

-Alicia Castro

Thank You!

My goals for the blog:

1. Connect with individuals who want to learn about hearing loss including people who are experiencing hearing challenges.
2. Teach myself sign-language and others who want to learn it with me. If you already know sign-language, I encourage you to share and teach us!
3. Provide inspiration, resources, life lessons, love, career motivation, and happiness.

Last edited:
You are definitely a newbie. You still have lots to learn about that. We don't use the word "hearing impaired" which is very offend to us. It is like as if we have broken ears but we just happen to be deaf or hard of hearing. We are able to do anything except to hear. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you should know better than to brag about your blog. That is my blunt response to your introduction.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Learn to be polite instead of bragging, okay. Thank you.

Dear Bebonang,

It seems that I have offended you and others too. I never meant to offend anyone because I know what it feels like to be bullied, harassed, and unrecognized. I too have been a victim of bully. It took me two decades to overcome the bulliness. Some say that words can't hurt. Being bullied for two decades, words do hurt. I'm deeply sorry for the offense. I thank you for giving me a brief explanation why those two words offend others. I am still trying to figure out where I fit as a hearing loss individual. I am bilateral sensorial hearing loss and started wearing hearing aids at the age of 9. I grew up in the normal hearing world and I was still outcasted. Nobody accepted me during my childhood years. I struggled and am still struggling. I realized that no matter what, I will always be discriminiated in the work environment. I'm not trying to brag about my blog, the blog is to help others overcome hearing challenges with self-esteem, career, and educational goals. I hope to help others and motivate them during their difficult moments. Thank you for your words.

My goals for the blog:

1. Connect with individuals who want to learn about hearing loss including people who are experiencing hearing challenges.
2. Teach myself sign-language and others who want to learn it with me. If you already know sign-language, I encourage you to share and teach us!
3. Provide inspiration, resources, life lessons, love, career motivation, and happiness.

My ultimate goal is to establish a nonprofit organization and provide scholarships for first generation who are hearing impaired and are pursuing a higher education.

From your site, it looks like you're pursuing a Power of Positive Thinking /chicken soup for the Gay Religious Cat Loving Soul approach to being dhh. why not just do a site that just accepts it as it is?!? The trouble with doing an "inspirational" approach to disabilty is that far too often it turns into something like those super glurgy forwards that mothers of kids with disabilities ( and usually they're not even very serious disabilities) receive by the cartful. all I can say, how does having the superficial mentality of a Hallmark card actually help anyone? why not just accept it head on, and just have a healthy mentality with accepting it?

Looks to me like she wants people to send her money in sympathy for hearing aids. I think it is just her personal fundraiser.

Looks to me like she wants people to send her money in sympathy for hearing aids. I think it is just her personal fundraiser.

Hi Bottesini,

In my blog, "Recognizing Hearing Loss and Hearing Again" post, I mentioned how a friend of mine helped me complete the fundraiser. The answer is no, I never asked monetary donations through my blog. Thank you.

Oh Bottie, it is SO inspirational that she is doing that! She's overcoming her DISABILTY Is she going to dress up like a princess and go "Look at meeeee overcoming this terrible tragedeeeeee!"

oh, and just some advice.....I think you need to concentrate more on embracing being dhh, rather then overcoming it. We've all been bullied etc....but the thing is, we don't see ourselves as overcoming something. being HOH to us is just like being gay or being female or whatever. It's an important touchstone, and an important part of our identity...and it's not negative.

oh, and just some advice.....I think you need to concentrate more on embracing being dhh, rather then overcoming it. We've all been bullied etc....but the thing is, we don't see ourselves as overcoming something. being HOH to us is just like being gay or being female or whatever. It's an important touchstone, and an important part of our identity...and it's not negative.

Thank you deafdyke for your wonderful comments and advice. I believe you're right, I should focus more on embracing my challenges as being HOH. Again, thank you for your inspirational words.

Back