Cheaters; Forgiven or forgotten ?

Paige

Reaction score
soooo , I want to know your thoughts on cheaters..

If someone had cheated on you , you obviously found out , would you

continue to date that person ?
or
would you end it right there ?

IF you ended it and some time had passed and you still had strong feelings for the person would you get back together with them or not ?

IF you continued to date that person would that trust still be there ? how could you make that work ?

:confused:

or

IF you ended it and some time had passed and you still had strong feelings for the person would you get back together with them or not ?

IF you continued to date that person would that trust still be there ? how could you make that work ?

I would end it... I have talked with my SO about cheating and how I do not see it as even remotely ok. We have talked about what we consider cheating and if there are any "valid" excuses (we both think there arent) If my SO cheated on me and I had to end it, yes I would still have strong feelings for her, but no... I don't think I could trust her any more...

Tough question. I hope I never have to really think that one through.

It depend on situation. There are several reason on why they decide to cheat when someone doesn't do anything or being drunk or have stupid moment.

So, they're try to fix or not. Depend on their faith and trust thry their lesson been taught. My assume on words... :)

I have been through that sadly ,
My current boyfriend cheated on me on Valentines day... I go to a private boarding christian school in Southern Manitoba (living in residence while my parents live in Winnipeg) and he lives in Winnipeg . My school strongly believes in NO sex before marriage , I on the other hand am not sure atm (still a virgin).
But seeing as I was not there to meet his needs on that particular day he went out and had meaningless sex with one of his friends. I found out from his younger brother texting me hitting on me and me telling him Im dating his brother... his response umm which one mine Quintin followed by him deleting me off BBM and some chick messaging me on FB telling me she was "dating" my boyfriend... yah that didnt go to well. I ended it with him for a little bit I needed time to think. He was my first boyfriend since my past boyfriend had passed away in 2009 from brain Cancer. that was in February , it is now August, I still love him, so I decided to give him a second chance . my trust in him is slowly starting to grow back but its not where it once was... but I have to believe he is truly sorry and wont do it again. this is where i am now struggling , Im so happy being with him am i being Naive ? going on a trip in 10 days to Mexico with out him... should I be scared he's going to cheat.

i honestly hope no one gets cheated on its the worse feeling ever.

When I was in my first year of high school, I gave my ex-gf 3 chances for cheating, and she keep doing that. I had to cut the relationship wire, so next time I have a girlfriend, if she cheat, there's no second chance anymore. I understand every women are different, but cheating is not in my relationship dictionary.

Cheating

No Cheating, If you don't want me just say so, and I will be gone. That includes emotional infedelity as well. Talk "stuff" on line, same as cheating to me emotional betrayal. I take relationships seriously. I believe sharing my body and spirit with someone requires a deep commitment from both parties.....Peace to all...Midnight♥♥

I'd never forget or forgive a cheater. Once a cheater always a cheater. If a person doesn't have the huebos to say "Let's end it?" Then how could I possibly respect that person. #NEXT!

fool something your dates dump up because It is very not trust, you ask dates truth and honest, they reason be careful play games not good because bad habit! many people lie and cheat!

I'd never forget or forgive a cheater. Once a cheater always a cheater. If a person doesn't have the huebos to say "Let's end it?" Then how could I possibly respect that person. #NEXT!

This.

Do u see him often? That's the question...

yes, he comes to see me during the week at school, and im always home in Winnipeg on weekends. this summer not so much :( Ive been away working, and now visiting family in BC then off to Mexico

When I was in my first year of high school, I gave my ex-gf 3 chances for cheating, and she keep doing that. I had to cut the relationship wire, so next time I have a girlfriend, if she cheat, there's no second chance anymore. I understand every women are different, but cheating is not in my relationship dictionary.

Yah , I've only had two relationships in my life .
I never thought I would get cheated on because in Quintins past his ex had cheated on him .. the first line of the relationship was I'll never cheat on you because my ex cheated on me and it broke my heart... then what happens i got cheated on... this chance is the last one... its going to be a ball game (3 strikes your out) mhmmm. yes everyone is different you are correct. I guess its time to see what my dictionary is going to include

No Cheating, If you don't want me just say so, and I will be gone. That includes emotional infedelity as well. Talk "stuff" on line, same as cheating to me emotional betrayal. I take relationships seriously. I believe sharing my body and spirit with someone requires a deep commitment from both parties.....Peace to all...Midnight♥♥

thats very true , i think one of the worst things is being accused of cheating .I got accused and I told him that if i wanted to be with someone else i wouldnt be with him. which is kinda meanish but its true. and like i said this was my second relationship ever.... needing to find my dictionary :)

internet and texting have made it way to easy to cheat now a days.. you never know whats doing on because it can be easy deleted and lied about "oh my friend was using my phone" bullshit. /: some times i wish we were back in the 90s

i guess , you have a good point . it defiantly destroys the trust in the relationship . and trust is key

or

I'd end it right there, for sure.

If I still had strong feelings for the person, I'd question what was causing me to feel attracted to a person who treated me badly.

People who abuse or cheat on a partner, or even, more mildly, continue to insult and berate others, rarely change their behavior, and are not worth spending time or emotional energy on.

I'd end it right there, for sure.

If I still had strong feelings for the person, I'd question what was causing me to feel attracted to a person who treated me badly.

People who abuse or cheat on a partner, or even, more mildly, continue to insult and berate others, rarely change their behavior, and are not worth spending time or emotional energy on.

I questioned why i was cheated on and found the answer...
it was something I did. I am working on changing what made my relationship go bad.

heres another question or 2...

if you got cheated on because of something you did , and you figured that out would it change anything?

How do you know if someone has truly changed their ways

your right lots of the time it doesnt change but theres the few times it does.

I questioned why i was cheated on and found the answer...
it was something I did. I am working on changing what made my relationship go bad.

heres another question or 2...

if you got cheated on because of something you did , and you figured that out would it change anything?

How do you know if someone has truly changed their ways

your right lots of the time it doesnt change but theres the few times it does.

I don't buy it. A cheater is going to try to make *you* look bad so that *he* doesn't. That is always what an abuser does: "Look what you made me do!"

And it's b.s. If he had a problem with you and whatever it was you did (turned him down for sex?), why did he not say "Hey, I have a problem with that. Can we talk about it and work it out?"

But he didn't do that. He went behind your back, had, in your words, "meaningless sex" with someone else, and then tried to get back with you.

And all this was back in February? And now you're worried that having gotten back together, a 10-day absence will make him cheat again?

You two just do not share the same values. He has already proved it; you already know it.

Worrying about your boyfriend cheating is no way to enjoy a relationship. My advice: get him out of your life, once and for all, and be open to meeting someone who values you for yourself and won't try to belittle the morals and values you believe in.

Back