Cheap but powerful gaming PC

JoeyDeafNinja

Reaction score
I want to buy cheap PC that can run games well, for example, Battlefield 3. For under $350. If it is not possible to get it then maybe build own computer will do well! I do keep looking at many sites viz google but it is hard. I thought some of you here might know something.

I'm scared that you probably couldn't find it for cheaper, unless you double the limit to $600-$700.

The price is depending on performance and if you buy cheaper one, will be outdated so quickly.

My custom built PC is around $1,000 that I paid last year.

Well, Starting this month, I will draw about $50 from my bank to paypal for saving for each month. I might should get raise this month. If I do, I might will raise to 75-100 depends on how much I collect. I want to save for 6 months at least. I want to look up early so I can get ready to buy and get it done. If I buy cheap and powerful PC then I might save some left and add more later for new upgrade or whatever.

I want to build my own PC. I found this video. What is rebate by the way? Do you have any better info, please comment! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-5oDYGTlE4&feature=related]Budget Gaming Rig ($340) 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Well, Starting this month, I will draw about $50 from my bank to paypal for saving for each month. I might should get raise this month. If I do, I might will raise to 75-100 depends on how much I collect. I want to save for 6 months at least. I want to look up early so I can get ready to buy and get it done. If I buy cheap and powerful PC then I might save some left and add more later for new upgrade or whatever.

Ok, it took year for me to save up for PC/Mac, including built on my own.

First, you need look for good case with enough room to upgrade, the cheaper cases on newegg are easy to broken and worst case, you cannot return if you break it, even virtually, it isn't your fault because it isn't durable.

For example - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN3-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior

That's good case.

Other one isn't good - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 311 RC-311B-SWN1 Silver Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

It will break so easy if you do something is wrong and you could get cut like I did last year.

The case that I bought last year is excellent.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP Black Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

You can check around newegg - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

It is important to read some reviews that considered as critical, contain both of pros and cons.

That all you need to list.
1) CPU
2) Motherboard
3) Case
4) RAM
5) HDD/SSD
6) Video card
7) PSU (Power Supply Unit)
8) Monitor
9) Optical Drive (You may not need if you know how to install Windows from USB and download all games digitally)
10) CPU Fan (The stock fan maybe ok but recommended to get better CPU fan for max cooling performance)
11) Network card (The network built in some motherboards are okay but some of them are bad so you need dedicated network card)
12) Thermal paste (Most CPU already have thermal paste as prepackaged but I prefer to apply thermal paste for better cooling performance)

First time to build the PC can be frustrated and you will be successful if you follow instruction manual to build the PC or ask your friend for help.

I want to build my own PC. I found this video. What is rebate by the way? Do you have any better info, please comment! Budget Gaming Rig ($340) 2011 - YouTube

Rebate - it means you have to pay in full, especially from online store and wait until you receive an item then fill the rebate and send in the mail. You will wait for weeks to get money back.

Some online stores offer instant rebate - it means will apply to discount before you buy it.

$350 PC to run Battlefield 3? Good luck.

Or you can save up $ to buy this PC - Turbo FX-6000 eXtreme Gamer which is good enough to run some games, but you may have to lower some graphic setting to run Battlefield 3.

Main Performance PC owner is one of my iRacing friend, just fyi.

I want to buy cheap PC that can run games well, for example, Battlefield 3. For under $350. If it is not possible to get it then maybe build own computer will do well! I do keep looking at many sites viz google but it is hard. I thought some of you here might know something.

$350? Never happen. It's cost around $600 without Windows 7 if you want powerful gaming PC.

Last March, I spend almost $1,600 to built my own custom PC. I like high-end gaming PC over budget gaming PC.

I joined L4D2's lobby room as mulitplayer online. I noticed I was first fast load. They were slow load as They used budget gaming PC.

I will add 540GB SSD for fastest load games. My current 64GB SSD for fast boot up.

HDD 5400 RPM = slower load
HDD 7200 RPM = good fast load
SSD = best fast load

Also, I heard a rumor about Steam games don't recommend Windows 8 OS.

Last March, I spend almost $1,600 to built my own custom PC. I like high-end gaming PC over budget gaming PC.

I joined L4D2's lobby room as mulitplayer online. I noticed I was first fast load. They were slow load as They used budget gaming PC.

I will add 540GB SSD for fastest load games. My current 64GB SSD for fast boot up.

HDD 5400 RPM = slower load
HDD 7200 RPM = good fast load
SSD = best fast load

Also, I heard a rumor about Steam games don't recommend Windows 8 OS.

Why Valve doesn't recommended Windows 8?

In this article, they compared it based on how many FPS they get. Really, 270 FPS vs 315 FPS mean nothing in gaming. Games that run at 60 FPS is considered great - no lagging, etc... Anything beyond 150 FPS is "overkill" and it's no difference what you see at 60 FPS.

I'm aware of Windows 7's capped CPU usage. That's one thing that hold back several games that used CPU heavily than video card (i.e. iRacing software and few other games, I cannot remember). I'm not sure if Windows 8 will do same thing.

In this article, they compared it based on how many FPS they get. Really, 270 FPS vs 315 FPS mean nothing in gaming. Games that run at 60 FPS is considered great - no lagging, etc... Anything beyond 150 FPS is "overkill" and it's no difference what you see at 60 FPS.

I'm aware of Windows 7's capped CPU usage. That's one thing that hold back several games that used CPU heavily than video card (i.e. iRacing software and few other games, I cannot remember). I'm not sure if Windows 8 will do same thing.

and introduction of Directx caused more game developers to sticking with PC instead of port to multi-OS, especially Linux, Mac OS X and other UNIX OS.

Mac, Linux, PS3 and Wii use OpenGL.

You missed that point. Let think about future like 2-5 years later, GPU will outdated then Windows probably run around 20 FPS during Linux running around 65 FPS for newer game from the future.

270 FPS vs 315 FPS is 45 FPS different. It is big deal to me.

There are always Craiglist, The customs usually runs up to 500 and is usually virus ridden.. There are no such thing as a good quality pc that goes for that cheap unless it has some issues... Pc world arent so cheap these days. ;)

Mine cost me 1.5 k Custom made. But it will need upgrades every now and then. So i don't really know what to say. Make some good friends in the computer business and maybe you 'll get lucky?

Back