chatroom?!?!

Bullym0m said:
you mentioned about mIRC ?
mIRC has changed it lot and has to pay for register and sn too.. blah blah..
If find free.. will you let me know, I'll be very happy hop in chatroom with alldeaf members and love to meeting them on line... :)
Actually mIRC is free, you just don't have to register it after 30 days, I used mIRC for almost one and half year and I did not pay for it. It will just ask me to register but we don't need to register it. Just ignore the register popup window, it will go back to normal.

Also I (we) have our own server and we can make the IRCd (IRC server) for all of you to come by. Or use some else's server like irc.rizon.com or something

Magatsu,

Purrrfect, I got mIRC and join new chatroom "alldeaf".
I using efent server.. and join #alldeaf

All of ADers,
Download www.mirc.com and when r u done..
*click for find "Efent server anything you can join.. when access into it then what channel do you prefer join.. you may type #alldeaf that is it..
Got into..
There have 24 hours chatroom.. *hopefully it will works for free.. as long ingore "register"

Awesome, okay, Alex and I had this talk this morning and will do it again this evening about the IRC. I plan to set up the IRC room on our server where more private and such but if you prefer to use at Efent server then I guess it is ok for us to do that.

Also Alex asked me about writing a simple tutorial on how to use mIRC and such for IRC chatroom. It is all up to you and folks, not me. Also I am a admin network and IRCop so I can give you folks more security and such from these troublemakers but again, it is all up to you folks really...

Edit: Oh concerning about "deaf" in the channel name, be aware that close-minded troublemakers would love to get in trouble with us when they find the channel name with "deaf" word in it. It has happen before in the past, I don't remember where or when but it has happen so I was thinking about creating a channel that for every deafies like "#Eyeth" (change Earth to Eyeth) or something along that line.. So what do you think?

Last edited:
Will IRC show everyone's ISP where they come from ? I don't want it to reveal where I live (city). I prefer privacy....

No, IRC will not show the IP, just hostmask.

Example of hostmask: natthew@ool-43513360.dyn.optonline.net. It just show the ISP that you registered under. Like AOL, EarthLink, Optonline, etc etc. Only IRCop or Net Admin can access your IP.. like Vamprox or Alex who can access your real IP in here, forums, not us (regular members). IP usually show whereabout of your ISP is, not city nor your place. It is worldwide-illegal to show the location of your city or your place based on IP.

Even though most IP will show the location where you live near or in but address or specific location? No. Will hostmask show the whereabout you live in? No. For example if someone ping my IP and it will show that I live in Los Angelos but actually I don't.

Last edited:
Shiva said:
yup DeafSCUBA98 matters of fact she still do it :madfawk: that why i dont go there anymore, at least i have chatroom i can hang out often hehe sis knows since she does too!

hey Defee waving have not seen ya in long time, yes aim is free which i use aim all the time.

:lol: Shiva sis and yes i know where we hang out it's peace out more than deafchat is :rl: *grins*

Magatsu said:
Awesome, okay, Alex and I had this talk this morning and will do it again this evening about the IRC. I plan to set up the IRC room on our server where more private and such but if you prefer to use at Efent server then I guess it is ok for us to do that.

Also Alex asked me about writing a simple tutorial on how to use mIRC and such for IRC chatroom. It is all up to you and folks, not me. Also I am a admin network and IRCop so I can give you folks more security and such from these troublemakers but again, it is all up to you folks really...

Edit: Oh concerning about "deaf" in the channel name, be aware that close-minded troublemakers would love to get in trouble with us when they find the channel name with "deaf" word in it. It has happen before in the past, I don't remember where or when but it has happen so I was thinking about creating a channel that for every deafies like "#Eyeth" (change Earth to Eyeth) or something along that line.. So what do you think?
Ahh, Okay
Need IrcCops in EFNET easier for this channel.. ? I hop into there... #alldeaf pretty quite empty channel... Better grab that channel.. Whatever if can you ask Alex and to see that.. I still hold this channel for you.. and to have this room set up.. Espically Need Bot Channel.. to prevent anyone troublesome!

Shiva said:
yup DeafSCUBA98 matters of fact she still do it :madfawk: that why i dont go there anymore, at least i have chatroom i can hang out often hehe sis knows since she does too!

hey Defee waving have not seen ya in long time, yes aim is free which i use aim all the time.
Hi shiva..umm i dont recall your sn..sorry...oh wait, you mentioned your sister..is that you and Angel or visa versa? lol..

defee no i dont have sister, but here hint defee you know me as best buddy of ce *whistles*

btw only person that i called sis is LovelyBlkGal the reason she has too many nicknames so once i call her sis it easier for me lol

Last edited:
Magatsu said:

I know that we tried to java version of IRC along with being able to use IRC itself, but that seemed to fail. People had too much trouble and it become not worth the trouble it came with. I know IRC enough to get myself in there, but i think most people wouldnt take the extra effort to DL a program and then learn to use it.. thats why we had the java version or whatever it was.

Eyeth eh? Saying that reminds me of someone I once knew on AOL... Been awhile since I saw him.. *shrugs* :)

Shiva said:
defee no i dont have sister, but here hint defee you know me as best buddy of ce *whistles*

btw only person that i called sis is LovelyBlkGal the reason she has too many nicknames so once i call her sis it easier for me lol
Shiva...geeeez...still cant remmy you! I just dont remmy your sn..give me another hint cuz i dont remmy ce...sorry!......

pinkster said:
I know that we tried to java version of IRC along with being able to use IRC itself, but that seemed to fail. People had too much trouble and it become not worth the trouble it came with. I know IRC enough to get myself in there, but i think most people wouldnt take the extra effort to DL a program and then learn to use it.. thats why we had the java version or whatever it was.

Eyeth eh? Saying that reminds me of someone I once knew on AOL... Been awhile since I saw him.. *shrugs* :)
Ditto... but who was it?? -thinking-

oh DEFEEEEEEE boy ya need major upgrade on memory laughing, ok here little hint remmy this old screenname TK

Shiva said:
oh DEFEEEEEEE boy ya need major upgrade on memory laughing, ok here little hint remmy this old screenname TK
OOhhhhHHHhh!! ok i remmy now...i just never heard your sn "Shiva" before is all...sorry about that! ok i remmy u, TK!! yeah good to see ya!!! :)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
we used to have a chatroom here in Alldeaf near a year ago.

but things turned terrible.. went into a huge arguement and harrasing eachother etc.. its terrible.. so i think its best not to have a chatroom for Alldeaf.. anyone agrees here? some of u member could remember that thing had happened back in old AD v2
well we've banned alot of people who won't stop harrassing or making a fool out of themselves already so right now there hasn't been many fights or arguements in this site in awhile, has there? I dunno, I'm not the adminsator but I think AD is okay now so perhas we could have a second chance having the chatroom back again and just see how it goes, and if it's still not good, then I guess we can shut down the chatroom for GOOD.

second chance are never bad, right?

Magatsu said:
No, IRC will not show the IP, just hostmask.

Example of hostmask: natthew@ool-43513360.dyn.optonline.net. It just show the ISP that you registered under. Like AOL, EarthLink, Optonline, etc etc. Only IRCop or Net Admin can access your IP.. like Vamprox or Alex who can access your real IP in here, forums, not us (regular members). IP usually show whereabout of your ISP is, not city nor your place. It is worldwide-illegal to show the location of your city or your place based on IP.

Even though most IP will show the location where you live near or in but address or specific location? No. Will hostmask show the whereabout you live in? No. For example if someone ping my IP and it will show that I live in Los Angelos but actually I don't.

Thanks! Just checkin' to make sure that it's not revealin' a real location. :)

yup it me defee wink shiva is one of my favorite character on final fantasy lol i dont know why i sign up with that it just happen lol....but i dont mind it unusal name anyway so keep it. wink!

Defee said:
Oh ok but i dont have AIM though..i do have MSN and Yahoo..I have been in Deafchat before but it has been along time though..they banned me along time ago (you know who!) but i noticed they let me in now but im afraid to...

TweetyBird said:
i had AIM since 97.. okay, u can change screen name so u can add on ur buddy list WHOEVER u trust period then u will not have no plms with ur AIM without banned again.. u know what i mean???

Tweety, I think you misunderstood what Defee was talking about -- Deafchat is a WEB-based chat room. Defee wasn't referring to AIM at all. Deafchat was the one where Defee got banned from which is web-based. :)

I've never heard of anyone getting BANNED from using AIM --

By the way, I find MSN heaps easier and better for chat - but of course, AIM does have a good chat room and I have been in a few myself. I just prefer MSN. :D

Back