chatroom?!?!

CoolieFroggie

Reaction score
Curious if it will be nice to have a Chatroom for this site? Alot of deafies are using AIM instead of chatroom I noticed.. any ideas?!?!

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with setting up an AIM chat room. Just create a new thread and then make a new post saying that you're in the chat. If people want to join in, they can jump in.

VamPyroX said:
There's nothing wrong with setting up an AIM chat room. Just create a new thread and then make a new post saying that you're in the chat. If people want to join in, they can jump in.

huh.. how it would works??

Well umm..not all of us have AIM so how do we get in chatroom then? I think there is a chat room called "Deafchat" right?

Defee said:
Well umm..not all of us have AIM so how do we get in chatroom then? I think there is a chat room called "Deafchat" right?
when u have AIM u see any sn on your buddy list and u click sn and go down see chat click it then get u and one of ur friend go in chatroom

TweetyBird said:
when u have AIM u see any sn on your buddy list and u click sn and go down see chat click it then get u and one of ur friend go in chatroom
Oh ok but i dont have AIM though..i do have MSN and Yahoo..I have been in Deafchat before but it has been along time though..they banned me along time ago (you know who!) but i noticed they let me in now but im afraid to...

Defee said:
Oh ok but i dont have AIM though..i do have MSN and Yahoo..I have been in Deafchat before but it has been along time though..they banned me along time ago (you know who!) but i noticed they let me in now but im afraid to...
i had AIM since 97.. okay, u can change screen name so u can add on ur buddy list WHOEVER u trust period then u will not have no plms with ur AIM without banned again.. u know what i mean???

TweetyBird said:
i had AIM since 97.. okay, u can change screen name so u can add on ur buddy list WHOEVER u trust period then u will not have no plms with ur AIM without banned again.. u know what i mean???
Ok but i will have to sign up for AIM..is it free? i havent looked on the internet about AIM yet but i will search ok? thanks for info!

Defee said:
Ok but i will have to sign up for AIM..is it free? i havent looked on the internet about AIM yet but i will search ok? thanks for info!
yea TRUST ME it free! try www.aim.com... it free! i am honest with u.. :)

:werd: Major reason I stopped go deafchat.com cuz of immaturity, also.

I do remmy AD used have their own AIM chatroom last year. Not know why it let that chatroom died. why not we are going to rising the chatroom from the dead?

I used to be mIRC Deaf Chatroom long back years ago from 1994's then stopped using mIRC apporixitialy 2000's
I'd rather not be there no longer few of guys who stalker/immature/none respect anyone who enjoying to blunting'em enuff for this situation..

Hopefully one day will find good Chat room suitable for Adult matury.. (sp)
I did create chatroom but too much expense on my pocket.. I'd rather find free!

TweetyBird said:
yea TRUST ME it free! try www.aim.com... it free! i am honest with u.. :)
Thanks for the link, tweetybird! i will try and see if i can join this aim and
hopefully i can chat with you all!
By the way, how is your mom doing? is she still doing her therapy?

I don't go to "DeafChat" much often anymore cuz of immature urgh! so i rather use AIM for chat with friends or join aimchatroom instead DeafChat. TweetyBird is right Aim is free you will like it Defee :) that how i have my aim

Defee said:
Thanks for the link, tweetybird! i will try and see if i can join this aim and
hopefully i can chat with you all!
By the way, how is your mom doing? is she still doing her therapy?
welcome anytime!!! :D and she still doing her therapy every monday and wed and friday.. but it hard on her do that.. cuz of her back still hurt... let me know if u get AIM! smile!!!

we used to have a chatroom here in Alldeaf near a year ago.

but things turned terrible.. went into a huge arguement and harrasing eachother etc.. its terrible.. so i think its best not to have a chatroom for Alldeaf.. anyone agrees here? some of u member could remember that thing had happened back in old AD v2

Why not use IRC? It is common, fast and popular ground for anyone to chat, share the informaitons, etc.. IRC have op, hop, etc who can moderate the channel(s) included behaviors and such. I used IRC for approx 1-1/2 years and I rarely have problem with people, well hearing people anyway.

I did asked Vamproxy a while ago about IRC, I was thinking that AD have IRC but they surprisedly don't.

LovelyBlkGal said:
I don't go to "DeafChat" much often anymore cuz of immature urgh! so i rather use AIM for chat with friends or join aimchatroom instead DeafChat. TweetyBird is right Aim is free you will like it Defee :) that how i have my aim

LOL I agree Lovely...

Remmy the sn i used ? LOL

Wendy

LovelyBlkGal said:
gawd.. i remmy i was in deafchat long time ago 1998 and 1999.. I remember this monitor Sweetmind she always kicks me out arahhhhhhhhhhh

yup DeafSCUBA98 matters of fact she still do it :madfawk: that why i dont go there anymore, at least i have chatroom i can hang out often hehe sis knows since she does too!

hey Defee waving have not seen ya in long time, yes aim is free which i use aim all the time.

Magatsu said:
Why not use IRC? It is common, fast and popular ground for anyone to chat, share the informaitons, etc.. IRC have op, hop, etc who can moderate the channel(s) included behaviors and such. I used IRC for approx 1-1/2 years and I rarely have problem with people, well hearing people anyway.

I did asked Vamproxy a while ago about IRC, I was thinking that AD have IRC but they surprisedly don't.
you mentioned about mIRC ?
mIRC has changed it lot and has to pay for register and sn too.. blah blah..
If find free.. will you let me know, I'll be very happy hop in chatroom with alldeaf members and love to meeting them on line... :)

Back