Charlie and the Choc. Factory/Willie Wonka and the Choc. Factory

Nancy

Reaction score
Did you know that there is a REMAKE of the 1970s Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that will be in theaters soon? :) The original Willie Wonka was Gene Wilder, and the new Willie Wonka is Johnny Depp.

Here's info about the original Willie Wonka:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067992

Here's info about the new remake called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367594

I don't know if I will see the new movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....I might though...the original was CREEPY, such as:

The Oopa Loopas (the little guys with green hair, orange skin, and white eyebrows)

Violet (what a spoiled brat)

The boat ride (the movies around the people looks like they came from the drug LSD or something)

The teacher (he looks TOO ENGLISH and creepy! :Shudders: )

I have one head-scratching moment though.....I am sure you remember the grandparents were in the same bed together for YEARS...and they never set foot on the floor. Well, after Charlie won the ticket to see Willie Wonka, one of them jumps out of bed with no problem! Oh, and in turn, if they stayed in bed all these years, that bed must have stunk with them using the bathroom on the sheets...unless Charlie's mother has something for them for that. LOL

What did you think about the original with Gene Wilder? Are you planning to see the new movie that starred Johnny Depp? :)

Nancy

Violet (what a spoiled brat)

[snapback]51937[/snapback]​

Sorry, I meant VERONCA, the slave driver who works with her father at a factory. Violet was the one who turned into a blueberry.

I'm not sure I want to see the remake. I so enjoyed the original, and I'm not sure it should have been re-done.

Eh well. Just my opinion! :lol:

Oceanbreeze said:
I'm not sure I want to see the remake. I so enjoyed the original, and I'm not sure it should have been re-done.

Eh well. Just my opinion! :lol:

It's not a remake, it's more based on the book and stay true to the original title. Not only to mention that it's not a musical either. It has the same storyline, but not the same as the original. The original cut a lot of the story out of it due to the songs.

By the way, the author hated the original. That's why he never sold the rights to the second book, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I noticed that they featured the Great Glass Elevator in the new movie, as least I got that impression from the preview. In the original, it was a sort of weird-looking helicopter or something.

I loved watching Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and am looking forward to watching the remake to compare the difference. That is interesting, Banjo, what you mentioned. I didn't know that, but I sure loved watching it when I was growing up.

This version looks like it could be good. Its directed by Tim Burton, who is known for some creepy films, and Johnny Depp is playing Willy Wonka. The trailers make it look alittle cheesy. But I might just go see it.

Go see CHarlie and the Chocolate Factory. I just saw it on Saturday with my older sister, and we both thought it was an excellent movie. Really funny, and really cool. I have to say, though, I really liked this one more than I liked Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the old one).

i would love to go and see it, my sis in law went and said it was very good, very very dark side.. not good for kiddios... oh boyyy..

my mom hated that movie when i was growing up, loved watching it and still have dvd at home.. oompla oompla... lalala..

Saw it, I have to admit that it's a little scary to watch these little people on IMAX screen... :crazy:

I thought it looks too cheesy and creepy... (chuckles) wait and see find it out when this movie will release coming soon..

I liked both equally.....love how the Ooompa Loompa songs are verbatim from the book!

i watch that movie when i was little girls but its really good movies but i like Gene Wilder best one!

and i never watch that movie with Johnny Depp but i wanted that movie really BAD! i told my mom about that!

Sara Boyce

I want to watch that movie but my older sister and my nephew saw that movie was not good what they told me.

I'm a usher in one of the theaters saw most of it and intresting how the oompla ommpla poeple are same * hint* but i can say for one thing the clothing of willy. ehhh enuff said its a bit too cheesy for my taste!!!!

well off to go i see the new theater relase coming out soon * work is gonna be murder this weekend*

Banjo said:
It's not a remake, it's more based on the book and stay true to the original title. Not only to mention that it's not a musical either. It has the same storyline, but not the same as the original. The original cut a lot of the story out of it due to the songs.

By the way, the author hated the original. That's why he never sold the rights to the second book, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. I noticed that they featured the Great Glass Elevator in the new movie, as least I got that impression from the preview. In the original, it was a sort of weird-looking helicopter or something.

Sounds intriguing, but no thanks. I grew up with the Gene Wilder version, and that is pretty much what I am used to. I don't wanna change it.

:lol:

javapride said:
I'm a usher in one of the theaters saw most of it and intresting how the oompla ommpla poeple are same * hint* but i can say for one thing the clothing of willy. ehhh enuff said its a bit too cheesy for my taste!!!!

well off to go i see the new theater relase coming out soon * work is gonna be murder this weekend*

Darling, Willy Wonka was a weird one, himself. Not to mention, I'm SO NOT a Johnny Depp fan. That guy... I don't know... He does weird good. Too good, in fact!

:lol:

I've seen "Charlie" twice now, and have enjoyed it both times. In fact, I actually like Charlie more than I liked Willy Wonka.

I saw the OC Chocolate Factory last weekend and I truly enjoyed it a lot. I never seen the original one nor read the book. I like Johnny Depp and the rest of the crew. I also enjoy Tim Burton's works: Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Big Fish, and more.

I haven't seen the new movie yet, but if anyone can tell me....is the boat ride as crazy as the original with Gene Wilder? Just curious. :)

Back