Changing from Naida Super Powered to Ultra Powered

ryancher

Reaction score
Tyler had an appointment this morning with his audi to check his new hearing aids. We got new aids (Naida Super Powered) about 3-4 weeks ago. The super powered was recommended from another audi (long story).

So the new audi today told me that due to Tyler's severe loss in his right ear that he's not meeting all the targes with the SP (especially in the high frequencies). She recommended we move to Ultra powered. I asked a few questions... and then told them to order them asap.

So... we should have them in a couple days.

Has anyone made a shift from SP and UP - any difference?

Jenny and AliciaM has those models and so does CDmeggers!
they might give you the comparison between the 2

I don't know much difference between the SP and UP, except for the fact that UP has more power. :)

There is no difference except power wise and battery size ..UP takes 675s and SP only 13s and the UP is a bit bigger than the SP as well

I know there's no change in features... but wondering what it's like to move from being maxxed out in SP and then moving to UP. Less distortion?

The audi said Tyler's new aids in his right ear were not providing him with all levels of speech... which is why we are moving him to UP.

Is there more distortion with UP, less distortion, or the same? Any other differences sound wise?

675 battery phonak is something I've always grown up with. But it wasn't Naida though. It was superfront for me.

I don't know anything about today's hearing aids.

There shouldn't be any difference in noise and it shouldn't be distorted ..only difference is it gives him more "hearing" room nothing else should change as its the same hearing aid

see?
they got a good point (thumbs up to the gals out there)
but, the UP/SP combo is always a cool idea LOL!!!!!

I have a Naida UP for my working ear, and I think there is less distortion and I can pick up many more sounds than before. I really like it.

I have SPs maxed out on several high frequencies. They don't do a whole lot.... :(

I liked my Naidas at first, but have lately been really questioning their quality based on the price tag. I get better sound quality from my headphones when I listen to music on my computer and crank up the volume.

I've been hearing good things about several other brands. Makes me wonder if the grass is greener on the other side.... :hmm:

I have SPs maxed out on several high frequencies. They don't do a whole lot.... :(

I liked my Naidas at first, but have lately been really questioning their quality based on the price tag. I get better sound quality from my headphones when I listen to music on my computer and crank up the volume.

I've been hearing good things about several other brands. Makes me wonder if the grass is greener on the other side.... :hmm:

Could be. I did have two Siemens super power, and then with the latest change to only one aid, and it being UP Naida, I am very impressed with Naida.

I have a Naida UP for my working ear, and I think there is less distortion and I can pick up many more sounds than before. I really like it.

Have you ever tried or had the Naida SP? Wonder what you're comparing the UP to?

That's exactly what we just found out... Tyler's right ear - the SP is maxed out on most of the high frequencies.

I was wondering that by being maxed out if there were distortion issues? Not to mention all the lost speech.

Have you ever tried or had the Naida SP? Wonder what you're comparing the UP to?

No the super powers I had were made by Siemens. Sorry. But take WriteAlex with a grain of salt as he has a progressive loss, and probably should have been upgraded to Ultra Power by now.

i went from SPs to UPs.. the only difference i found was that the batter lasts longer, that and i had to exchange my FM 'boots' because the UP uses a different size that the SPs. I much prefer the UPs even if they are (marginally) bigger; the battery life is MUCH better.
*EQL*

what is knid SP"? I ask you question to you :D I have both Ultrapower and super I have hearing aid!

that is interesting I am surprised I learn it thank!! I have sp and UP

Not unless you have two. Look at the bottom of your hearing aid. It should say Naida III UP. THat is Ulta Power. If it say daz also, that means Digital Audio Zoom

Back