Change.org petition for CI coverage

Update on Change.org petition:

My son Nixon "Wildcard" Hunter is truly a miracle. After a premature birth he's faced serious health challenges, including a most recent death defying hospital stay -- the doctors say he's lucky to be alive. But our medical provider, United Healthcare, didn't cover the cost of everything, including his cochlear implant surgery.

I started a petition asking UHC to cover my newborn son's cochlear implant surgery and it quickly grew to over 45,000 signatures. Less than a month later UHC called to tell me that his cochlear implant surgery would be covered!

As a parent, I was scared that I didn't know how my wife and I were going to afford all of the procedures Nixon needed. Seeing the outpour of support on our petition from people across the country who had gone through the same thing inspired us to keep fighting -- without those stories and signatures of support, we couldn't have won.

My wife and I are excited to move forward from this uncertain chapter of our lives and be a family again with our new son. Thank you so much for all your help.

Rich Hunter
Tustin, California

Back