cerebral palsy and deafness

you are not deaf you're mildly hard of hearing in low frequencies.

What's it got to do with you? She says she's deaf so why doupt her?

I don't like it when people start bashing each other. I thought this sort of behavior wasn't permitted on this board.

What's it got to do with you? She says she's deaf so why doupt her?

I don't like it when people start bashing each other. I thought this sort of behavior wasn't permitted on this board.

No one is bashing. We are merely explaining that a person who hear at 20 db clear across the board is not deaf.

This all got started when the OP started slandering a woman who had denied her services because she is not deaf.

Inmate23 is definately in need of services. Just not services designed to assist the deaf.:cool2:

Well did you know some CPers use ASL as a first language b/c they have speech production problems?
Also, inmate's hearing problems may be relatively mild.....BUT for someone with relatively mild issues stuff like that can really impact quality of life.
It's also possible that inmate may have a processing disorder or whatever.

i thing i have learned is that diffent audi say diffent things i had one who said the same bain damage that caused cp caused my hearing loss and another it was unrelated.

govt funds audigrams kids here and they charged the audi

Yea, I can understand about the assumptions of one being drunk due to CP. I used to work for a group home with deaf adults. One of them had CP and whenever we went out in public, people would accuse him of public drunkness. He had no mental issues so he would take it very personally. I would always try to remedy the situation by explaining to people that he has CP and to my shock, I learned that many people are very uneducated about CP. I really felt for my client.

yeah that was pain in the ass. Such a good thing that my friend was more of understanding person. He had good patience, asking them to write down, then he explained it why he acted that way because he had a CP over and over every time we go to the bars or restaurants. He was a lot of fun person to hang with. RIP JERRY.

Back