Cellphone with front facing camera coming soon to the US!

HTC EVO 4G s video gets pixelated and too much motion. It s awful!

Fring For Android Is Two-Way Video Calling From the FUTURE
from-the-future

I wait to see how better is iPhone 4G/HD's video chatting next few week.

Qik is the software that Sprint is promoting as their EVO video software. As posted earlier in this thread, it did very well. So I'm betting it has more to do with just a poor version of Fring being put out on the marketplace to be "first" even though the video quality isn't good enough for signing.

I like Fring, and I want it to be great, but it looks like until it gets better, people will be using other video programs for signing.

Qik is the software that Sprint is promoting as their EVO video software. As posted earlier in this thread, it did very well. So I'm betting it has more to do with just a poor version of Fring being put out on the marketplace to be "first" even though the video quality isn't good enough for signing.

I like Fring, and I want it to be great, but it looks like until it gets better, people will be using other video programs for signing.

QIK is charging $5 monthly for Sprint EVO 4G video chat but Fring's Skype video is still free.

Qik charging $5 monthly for EVO 4G video chat (updated) -- Engadget

QIK is charging $5 monthly for Sprint EVO 4G video chat but Fring's Skype video is still free.

Qik charging $5 monthly for EVO 4G video chat (updated) -- Engadget

Your link itself was updated on 5/29 with a direct statement from Qik saying that's inaccurate - point to point video calling will still be free, just some premium features (I'm guessing stuff like multi-video conferencing) would be $5.

Just to make it easier to find the source, here's the word directly from Qik:
About the new Qik video service on the Sprint EVO 4G phone | Qik Blog

So yay! Free video to video calling, on a kickass phone!

Your link itself was updated on 5/29 with a direct statement from Qik saying that's inaccurate - point to point video calling will still be free, just some premium features (I'm guessing stuff like multi-video conferencing) would be $5.

Just to make it easier to find the source, here's the word directly from Qik:
About the new Qik video service on the Sprint EVO 4G phone | Qik Blog

So yay! Free video to video calling, on a kickass phone!

But Fring (SKYPE) video conference is free.

I got email message from Sprint Relay yesterday. He said that plan for EVO 4G is $39.95/mo. No word for extra 4G network fee at $10. We will find out on June 4 or so.

Phone Apps

I'm not deaf but I would like to have a phone app that turns on the camera and I can point it at someone that is signing. The app would then translate and speak the letters/words.
How about it all you programmers??

Tony.

Interesting.

I am wondering who will be the first victim in an car accident while using that new feature and driving at the same time?

I'm not deaf but I would like to have a phone app that turns on the camera and I can point it at someone that is signing. The app would then translate and speak the letters/words.
How about it all you programmers??

Tony.

It's a pretty tall order since we barely have the capability to do that on a PC today. But they're working on it!

Visual system interprets sign languages

Other front-facing cam mobile device

mytouuch.jpg

The newest myTouch iteration goes balls out with video: Video chat over Wi-Fi and T-Mobile's HSPA+ network with a front-facing camera and 720p video recording with the rear camera

T-Mobile myTouch announced: Android 2.2, video calling, and HSPA+ -- Engadget

T-Mobile myTouch Is T-Mobile's First Android Phone With Video Chat

it seems that the U.S has started to release front facing mobile phones (cellphones) in the country, whereas Australia already has for the past 6 years, and the people has already gotten over with it.

This thread was interesting. Front-facing camera technology was just hitting US shores when this came out, now seems like most everyone here in the US has a phone with a front facing camera on it, and everyone has either an iPhone or a Droid phone. Also comments about never seeing a 8.0 megapixel cell phone camera, Apple just broke that one.

We've come a ways since this thread was first posted in 2010.

My DD has one. Her grandparents bought it for her birthday. She loves it although I did block Internet access. She's only 8. She has no business being online at this age. I also limit how much she plays it to just one hour a day, that's it. She is also required to have all of her homework assignments completed, checked, and corrected before being allowed to play on it.

Back