Cell phone VIRUS ...

Rollover

Reaction score
I just got an email with this link, I thought I would share.
Mind you, I do not even own a cell and I do not know if this
information is truth or scam.
Suzi

Cell phone virus

I just got an email with this link, I thought I would share.
Mind you, I do not even own a cell and I do not know if this
information is truth or scam.
Suzi

Cell phone virus

I have heard story like that before about cell phone virus so pretty doubtful is a scam and not really true. I am sure it a hoax I heard this few years ago.
:cool:

It's a little bit true. Very rarely are there viruses that can do any harm to your phone. So rare that it's like being struck by lightning. There are just so many different cell phones out there that programming a virus for one kind of them just isn't likely to get very far. It's not like the computer world where most computers run Windows. Cell phones have hundreds of different operating systems - Palm is one, Blackberry is another, Sidekick is different, and so on.

OMG! My Sidekick got a virus...

NOT!

Getting a virus on your mobile device is like getting a virus on your computer. You get it if you download it.

Anything that have a processor and media storage for data can get a virus so yes smartphone can get virus even Tivo can get a virus.

Chance of happening? rare......

hearsy!? Because it is very impossbile that any smartphone/ handheld get virus. Because there isn't many hackers hitch into smartphones. but sidekick is possbile as 50/ 50 chances, because sidekick use thru interface desktop pc and server.

But I could be wrong, who knows..

Dennis, Yeah I read the link you gave out.

"Cell-phone viruses currently target Symbian Series 60 phones with Bluetooth and MMS capabilities, like this Nokia 6620."

Whew, Not blackberry. hehe.

Blackberrys had been infected with virus before .. google blackberry handheld and virus ..

Here one example BlackBerry 7520 virus alert - BBHub

But it very rare for cell phone to get virus but it does happen.

Like I said earlier anything with a processor and data storage can get virus. It the jerks that take pleasure creating virus and spreading them.

Back