cell phone as a tty?

mudrider420

Reaction score
i have the epic 4g and i can change it to a tty vco or tty full. my question is can i use it as a tty and if so, how do i use it? i tried to use it to call my house via captel and it wouldnt work. it would be nice if i can use it mobile instead of using it at the house.

I'm disappointment that nobody ever thought of have TTY app running on mobile operator system when they able to give away, in order to make money via FCC on relay service.

From what I know that TTY baud doesn't meet the requirement thry wireless carrier which is unfortunately and probably unable to access thry API to use voice from mobile OS.

Wireless Captel isn't true TTY/VCO/CapTel

can someone explain y some phones have a tty access that you can turn on or off but cannot use it as a tty? forgive me, but i am new to this tty stuff. my g/f usually makes the calls for me, and i guess i have to learn to use tty/captel. i have a captel at home and i have figured it out to a point but i need something for the mobile.

well, ill even settle for wireless captel if i can get it through my sprint phone

It is suppose to be coming (and how I wish it was already here!) per Captioned Telephone Services by Sprint CapTel

The following is from an email I got from a contact at Sprint on March 9, 2011. So I hope you have enough patience — mine is wearing thin as I first heard of this in early Dec., 2010 and the fact that it was "coming" was not completely new then.

"I apologize for my delay in responding as I was ot of the office the first couple days of the week. I can understand you are losing patience and apologize for this. We want to make sure this product is the best and there will not be any challenges for our customers when ts launched.

That saiid, it hasn't been released as of yet and at this time I cant promise it will be the end of this month. As you can see the news is coming and we are working diligently.

I will also reach out to our group that sends out updates and see if they can provide some additional information on how things are going.

I apologize and do knwo that once our product is lauched you will be happy with the results, however I do know that you need a mode of communication until that time and can't go without if your 2nd mobile TTY ceases to work."

can someone explain y some phones have a tty access that you can turn on or off but cannot use it as a tty? forgive me, but i am new to this tty stuff. my g/f usually makes the calls for me, and i guess i have to learn to use tty/captel. i have a captel at home and i have figured it out to a point but i need something for the mobile.

They TTY setting on today's digital cell phones is to set it up for you to connect a TTY to the phone. It is NOT a TTY built into the phone.

Certain "smartphones" can make use of a service such as: Hamilton CapTel: Mobile CapTel: What is Mobile CapTel? But . . .you need to be in a 3G area using a GSM carrier for data & voice at the same time.

Back