Cell Phone Antennas

kayla123

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced any problems being too close to a cell phone antenna. I ask as the village is thinking of putting one very close to our backyard. Regardless of the actualy asthetics, I was wondering if I have a valid case against the village to stop this. I have been reading about the EMI and RF's that the tower emits, but have not found sufficient evidence online about any problems pertaining to this. If anyone has any thought or ideas, please share them with me.

btw this is Kayla's father

Sorry, I have not heard any problems abt them. Then again, they are all over big Cities, Cause a cell phone tower is only good for abt 3 miles at a time. Also, 1 cell phone business might not be able to use the same towers from another business.

The city I work for owns several of the cell towers in the city. Some residents were trying to force the city to get rid of them. If I remember correctly, residents said the towers were bad for their health, but could not provide any documentation proving this claim. My advice is to start doing google searches to find info.

More of an eminent domain issue. Talk to your city council representative about this.

With videos being transmitted from cellphones these days, this means more power boosted from the relay trees.

Richard

Nah, Nesmuth, I don't think it's an Eminent Domain issue. The scope of land use regulation is quite broad as I understand it.

As for Kayla's dad, why not look into instances where phone towers have been successfully stopped? I know of one right off the top of my head. I'll send you a private message on the board and give you the information.

The residents never stopped it here. In fact, as I said the city owned them. They ended up selling the towers to a private business for several million dollars each.

The residents never stopped it here. In fact, as I said the city owned them. They ended up selling the towers to a private business for several million dollars each.

And it probly ended in that both made some money off of it. They are not cheap to build and it takes time to build 1.

If cell phone towers were bad for your health, cell phones alone would also be bad for your health. I guess that us deafies will develop hand cancer for using their Sidekicks too much. Heh!

If cell phone towers were bad for your health, cell phones alone would also be bad for your health. I guess that us deafies will develop hand cancer for using their Sidekicks too much. Heh!

This issue has been dragging out for decades since transmissions lines were set up. Nobody can argue one way or another as the evidence doesn't really back that up at this point in time. You would think if it were true, we would have clear evidence by now with as many people who near those things.

Now, I will say this... I heard a story from a friend who was involved in a radio ministry around the world. They use the radio towers to transmit the gospel and news and from time to time they had to shut them down for maintenance. One time they argued do they really have to shut them down? Couldn't somebody still go up them while the tower was working. There was no theoretical justification "why not". Well, to make a long story short, there was a tower in Africa somewhere and some chickens were left hanging (in a basket alive and well) on a lower part of the tower while it was operating. They used this to test there theory before somebody would go up. Well, well, they were glad to have done so as the chickens appeared fine at first but all died later. They found out that they literally fried from the inside out (much like a microwave oven). That took care of the that and they always shut down the towers to maintained them. Just shows how much we don't understand at times.

I made a mistake posting this in another thread unrelated to this one. My apology.

I don't know if this will help to convince youse that mobile phones are safe.
WASHINGTON — A huge study from Denmark offers the latest reassurance that cell phones don't trigger cancer. Scientists tracked 420,000 Danish cell phone users, including 52,000 who had gabbed on the gadgets for 10 years or more, and some who started using them 21 years ago.
To read full news article.

Back