Celebrities and anger management

aladinhislamp

Reaction score
Yesterday in one of my classes this topic came up when a student mentioned Mel Gibson and the tape where he allegedly cusses out his girlfriend, the pictures of his girlfriend with chipped teeth, and a new tape where he (if it's actually Mel Gibson) tells her that it "wasn't safe" for her to be with him. We got into a larger discussion of celebrities and anger management (Mel Gibson, Alec Baldwin, Naomi Campbell, Russell Crowe) and whether or not they have a bigger responsibility to deal with their issues since they're in the public eye. What do you guys think?

On one hand, I think famous people have the right to privacy--it's got to be very tough living life under a microscope all the time, with people photographing and talking about your every move (much more problematic if you're a parent), going through your trash, etc. etc. On the other hand, because they're role models for a lot of people, especially young kids, I think they need to really need to take that seriously. I mean, they're getting paid HUGE amounts of money, so if being in the limelight is part of the job, then so are the responsibilities that go with that.

Personally, I was disgusted by Mel Gibson's anti-semitic comments a while back, and I was not surprised to hear that he was dropped by his agent over this latest incident.

celebrities

Anger management is really very important for celebrities because they are role model for society so its important for them...

Back