Cedar Point or any other amusement parks rides + CI's = any restrictions?

deafmama78

Reaction score
My friend & I want to go to Cedar Point on the annual Deaf Awareness Day at Cedar Point, which I believe is Aug 4th or 5th. But, I realize, now that I have a CI - do I have to be careful as to avoid certain rides? If this was already discussed here, then I apologize - would someone post me the link of the thread so I could read up on it? I will of course also e-mail my Dr & Audiologist about it but wanted to ask yall tool. :)

THX!

nevermind, i just remembered. as soon as it sent my message it clicked. sorry. i'm beet red right now:)

My friend & I want to go to Cedar Point on the annual Deaf Awareness Day at Cedar Point, which I believe is Aug 4th or 5th. But, I realize, now that I have a CI - do I have to be careful as to avoid certain rides? If this was already discussed here, then I apologize - would someone post me the link of the thread so I could read up on it? I will of course also e-mail my Dr & Audiologist about it but wanted to ask yall tool. :)

THX!

Let's see, I went on the Cal. Screamer, space mountain and all those good ones. I did take the processer off and stuck it in my pocket when actually on something like that so it wouldn't go flying off. I think you need to make the judgement based on how much the ride is going to throw you around. A merry go round isn't a problem but roller coasters and possibly a raft ride might be. We went on the raft (river) ride at sea world and my lovely daughters used the water cannon that they put $.25 (I think) just so they could try to soak us, believe me they got us good. LOL So go on whatever you like, just use your judgement on when you'll need to remove the processor.

if there are wet rides then take a zip lock bag with you and put you implant in the bag and place bag in purse or pocket before you get on the rides.

also all parks don't care what you wear on rides but the park will not be held responsible for any items that you lose during the rides so be sure to secure you items good even glasses or baseball caps etc.

My suggestion is take off CI when u go on rides. u can always put back on when ur done with the rides. that s what i would do. I always put in my little backpack or pouch whatever it calls. :)

I do the same as TechBill and OldNavyGirl -- I place my processors inside a ziplock bag and then place the ziplock bag inside my backpack where it is safely protected from water and cannot be lost. Better safe than sorry -- especially when it comes to a very expensive piece of equipment like a CI speech processor. (Or in my case, two.)

Yes, always take off the external processor when going on those rides. I am a bit over rollercoaster rides but still love the good old pirate ship. I zipped my processor away and was very glad I did as I noticed that everyone's bits of clothing went flying everywhere. I caught a baseball cap in my hands :giggle:

THX!

deafmama,

My daughter has been to Cedar Point Park and I'll ask her if there were any restrictions, I think she exercised the same precautions as others have mentioned above. Have a great time!
Rick

My son is very careful with his CI, usually I am the one holding his CI since I don't go on most rides. We do take plastic bags to hold his CI.
I wanted to share a story. We went about a year ago to amusement park, which we have too many of in southern California. He went on one a go cart ride. It looked like a safe ride to go with his CI. This kid in another car crashed into his car. I was standing right there and I saw his CI go flying acroos the field. Then another car ran over it. I was sure it was broken. We had just gotten him the Behind the Ear maybe 2 months ago. Of course my mind is racing trying to remember if the insurance was current on his CI. At first it didn't work and I contacted Cochear Americas. My son took it apart and put it back together and it worked and is still working. Just careful it is better to take it off then leave it on.

I went to Canada Wonderland a couple of times, I was able to go on most rides there is no problems, just take ur implant off if u think it can fly off, or if u gonna be on water ride. but there was one ride people with implant should not ride, which was called the drop zone at canada wonderland, i dunno whats it may be called at other amusement parks, cuz of the maginets that they use to carry the whatever up to the sky and drop it. I dunno if i am clear or not lol.

I am so sad! I didn't know this past weekend was Deaf Awareness at CP. I would have definitely taken my daughter. Humph.

Back