Ccw

I got my first rifle when I was 11. Couldn't bring it to school but I did bring my hunting knife for show and tell once.

Thinking back hunting and gun handling teach a lot of responsibility. I don't think you should just hand your kid an uzi but there is a place for it.

How long ago did you bring your hunting knife for show and tell ? I had a pocket knife I kept in my pocketbook when I went to school in Boston . Girls couldn't wears pants to school then , I would had carry it in my pants pocket .

Probably would have been '86? I'm sure there where rules against it but it was a small school in Maine. Most kids hunted and we all had knives. A lot of dads picked their kids up with rifles in the rear window of their trucks.

I carried a large pocket knife in highschool and made a knife from a file in shop class and that was in the mid 90's. Now the cops come and haul you away for that.

Nothing like Industrial Tech class, kids today dont know what they are missing out on.

Concealed carry is a good thing... Sadly some states make it really hard while others is too easy... Here in Georgia, it has been a little while, I paid $35 and simple background and it was done... No classes or anything... Not even basic gun safety. To me this is wrong.

Concealed carry is a good thing... Sadly some states make it really hard while others is too easy... Here in Georgia, it has been a little while, I paid $35 and simple background and it was done... No classes or anything... Not even basic gun safety. To me this is wrong.

I'm always a little torn because training is really important but what it comes down to is responsible people usually get training and irresponsible people don't follow laws anyway.

I'm always a little torn because training is really important but what it comes down to is responsible people usually get training and irresponsible people don't follow laws anyway.

I can see where you are coming from... But at the same go, everyone would benefit from training... There are very simple safety lines that people who think they are knowledgeable do not know, understand, or follow.
I do not worry so much about people who will break the laws. Regardless of what is put into place they will find a way around them. I am more concerned with the majority of people who will follow most laws and regulations...

Probably would have been '86? I'm sure there where rules against it but it was a small school in Maine. Most kids hunted and we all had knives. A lot of dads picked their kids up with rifles in the rear window of their trucks.

I carried a large pocket knife in highschool and made a knife from a file in shop class and that was in the mid 90's. Now the cops come and haul you away for that.

Yeah I know if just use your a hand as 'gun' you get hauled of by the police , I bet you remember about the deaf student who name was Hunter and the school wanted him to get a new name b/c when finger spelled his name the 'T'' looked like a gun. WT?! I like that name . I went to school in Maine for 2 years .

should change his name to Killer. Has double guns loaded when spelling it out...lol

should change his name to Killer. Has double guns loaded when spelling it out...lol

Yeah I just finger spelled Killer and it double loaded gun all right !
:laugh2: I still remeber some ASL ! It been years since I was taking classes.

Mine is CCFF, I'm license to carry conceal Fists-n-Feet.... 9 years martial artist 3rd degree. Gun? Mine never run out of bullets.

Mine is CCFF, I'm license to carry conceal Fists-n-Feet.... 9 years martial artist 3rd degree. Gun? Mine never run out of bullets.
Yep, My daughter has F&F registered as deadly weapons....lol
I like she can handle herself.

Nice! I practice Aikido but I haven't mastered the bullet dodging technique yet. I have deployed the stops fist with face maneuver a few times however and I've transended mortal understanding of puts foot in mouth.

I plan on having CCW with me soon. I just have to find a class that is willing to provide interpreter, since many of them are non-profit. I had contacted two companies, both refused to provide interpreter. however after researching ADA law, it states that nonprofit doesn't have to provide one if it doesn't generate income. it is becoming frusterated. one of my friend is deaf have CCW. his father was his interpreter in class.

In Alabama, courses aren't required to receive CCW permit.

If courses are mandatory so I believe sheriff should obligate to provide a course at public school or sheriff station on weekend for anyone who unable to take at non-profit organization, IMO.

For me, I prefer to find experienced veteran to teach me how to use it explain about CCW and courses aren't necessary because it is not required in Alabama.

Back