CC On Dish/DirectTV vs Cable

DavidF

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and I found this site from browsing on the internet, so hello all!

Anyway, I've been a Charter user for many years and I've noticed when I record shows there have been captioning problems. The captions will at times turn off when I rewind/pause or fast forward. Also, when I watch ABC (shows such as Lost, Flash Forward) the captions are delayed.

So my question is, I'm wondering if any of you have had problems with similar things via Satellite? If so, what kind of problems?

Thanks,
David

Hi, this is my first post and I found this site from browsing on the internet, so hello all!

Anyway, I've been a Charter user for many years and I've noticed when I record shows there have been captioning problems. The captions will at times turn off when I rewind/pause or fast forward. Also, when I watch ABC (shows such as Lost, Flash Forward) the captions are delayed.

So my question is, I'm wondering if any of you have had problems with similar things via Satellite? If so, what kind of problems?

Thanks,
David

The problems you're seeing with ABC might be due to problems from either the local ABC station or from Charter's handling of the captions from that station (probably the former). However, I've been noticing that the analog captions are delayed, but not the advanced captions. I don't know if that's a national problem or a local problem. If you have the ability to turn on advanced captions, try seeing if that helps you out.

(I record programs with advanced captions on my analog TiVo Series 2, using a digital-to-analog converter box, and can see the analog/Line 21 captions as well. I'm able to see a discrepancy in the timing between the two types of captions for ABC programs. This has been going on for at least a couple of months and I'll need to file a complaint about it with the FCC now that we can file a complaint with them directly. You should too.)

Back