CC decoder box on portable dvd players

Iceriver

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I'm wondering if it exists, closed caption decoder box or something to connect to portable dvd player rather than subtitles, because not all movies contain English subtitles nor all have closed caption decoder. Also, sometimes subtitles clashes with background which makes it harder to read. I tried connecting to my tv with cc decoder to see if it works, it didn't. I own Mintek 7" widescreen portable dvd player. I hope one day all portable dvd players will have cc decoder. It would be much easier.

Honestly I don't know of any but I am sure somebody knows because I would like to know so do many here about CC on portable DVD player which would be very nice !!!!! I have a feeling that Alex or Nesumth may know where to get a CC portable DVD player. I do remember Zenith was the very first one to start with closed captioned t.v. sets though.

No, that's not possible. In order for a decoder to work, you have to have something that goes through the decoder. If I want to make something on television captioned from cable, then I have it from cable to decoder to television. In your case, you've got a portable DVD player which is both television and DVD player. Therefore, you would have to go out and in... which can't be done. Sorry.

Back