CC and Plasma TV's?

iowaboy

Reaction score
Any burn in issues with CC and Plasma TV's?

I've only had my new plasma TV for a little over a month. I haven't had any burn issues in terms of CC. However, I noticed that when I play video games and I pause for a really long time, there is a slight burn in. It does go away after a while (a few days). I turned on the screen saver for my video console (Wii) and I dont have this problem anymore even when I pause. My plasma TV also has a screen saver if I pause a movie or TV (I have DVR), but it doesn't kick in when I pause video games. Oh well.

I had plasma for several years and no burn in from CC> Of course the TV died and we now have a really nice LCD> :lol:

We just got a plasma on Black Friday. It will probably be outdated and moved to the basement by the time my daughter can read, but I thought I'd ask.

Plasma HDTV have short life span than LCD. However, OLED is much far longer than LCD and incredible brightness and excellent black level on background.

New plasma TV's are much better and last much longer than the original plasmas. Today's plasma has much better technology that greatly reduced, if not eliminated, the burn-in. I wouldn't worry about the burn-in. I've owned my 65" Panasonic plasma for a little over a year and not a single issue.

OLED may have pretty good lifespan but it's prohibitively expensive. A 11" OLED TV costs $1800. Imagine what a 40" OLED TV would cost!!!!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XEL-1-11-Inch-OLED-Digital/dp/B00126W14O]Amazon.com: Sony XEL-1 11-Inch OLED Digital TV: Electronics[/ame]

Peter

New plasma TV's are much better and last much longer than the original plasmas. Today's plasma has much better technology that greatly reduced, if not eliminated, the burn-in.
Electronics[/url]

Peter

This, I know TV's pretty well. Ive studied up and compared Plasma's and LCD's. Both have their pro's and con's. As long as your plasma tv is newer you will be fine. Any screen that uses phosphor is subject to burn in/ghosting BUT manufacture's have stepped and made plasmas better. As long as the image isnt always there (CC does move) you shouldnt have to worry at all. Also many dvd/blu-ray players come with a built in feature so that if you pause a movie a screen saver will appear and will create a moving image (like that on a computer)

sometimes work out on Television!! that is depend your how old reason your Television, I have HDTV magnavox kind of televison is very fine!

Back