Cats that play Catch?

Taylor

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a cat that plays catch like a dog? A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in our living room watching TV when our kitten 'Buster' walked up to me with a foam ball in his mouth and dropped it in front of me. I tossed it and he would chase it, 'kill' it then bring it back.
If I hold out my hand, he will drop it in my hand. If I don't have my hand out, he will either drop it next to me in the chair, or he will place it in my shoe (if my shoes are off but nearby).

This game of catch has now become a nightly ritual for us. If he can't find his foam balls, he'll bring something else. The other night it was an elastic hair band that friend left behind. He's still a kitten and I didn't have to teach him to play it at all.

Anyhow, this isn't a huge deal but I started thinking that I don't ever recall ever hearing about a cat that will fetch a ball. Anyone have any cats that fetch stuff for you?

Yes, I have! One of my cats loved foam balls too, and would chase after them and bring them back to us and then look expectantly at us, hoping we'd throw them again ...which we did. However, the foam balls had since disappeared and we can't find them, so for our cat there was nothing worth chasing after. (maybe we should buy more foam balls, but we never got around to do that yet).

My folks' cat, Camisha, does play fetch with foil ball! She runs after it and bring it back to you. At some of those time, she would wander around trying to find it underneath the furnitures and etc. My mom would quickly know that she is looking for it so she will try to get it from under the furniture and do the fetching ritual all over again.

Wow, that's something new to me since my cats don't do that as far as I know, maybe I could try and see what my cats can do....

*throwing the ball...go go go get it....hmm....let me try a bird * lol I'm teasing Tweetybirdie...;)

I've got a few friends who have cats with thumbs. Since they have thumbs, they have extra claws and it helps them grip on things easier. I've seen them picking up and holding paper wads with only one paw! Hehehe!

What *IS* it about those little foam balls? One of my cats (now deceased), Frito, used to LOVE to play "fetch" with those things. He would go get it, and bring it back...but he wouldn't put it in my hand...he'd drop it when he got near me and then look around like..."nah...I didn't just do that....but if you want to throw it again, fine...I might go get it...I might not" Of course, he ALWAYS would. LOL! Santa Kitty would always bring him new ones in his stocking each year. ;-)

I've got a few friends who have cats with thumbs. Since they have thumbs, they have extra claws and it helps them grip on things easier. I've seen them picking up and holding paper wads with only one paw! Hehehe!

That's true, my mom's cat would pick up food with her paw, even popcorn.. she's always had the weirdest cats I've ever seen :P

I had several cats who would play fetch -- with anything that rolled, ha. It was great fun throwing stuff away and watching my cats run after them and bringing them back to me. :D

I really really really dislike cats. Note I did not use the word hate. (progress, yes!)

A friend of mine used to answer the phone 'South ******* Cat Crushers'

I replaced the town name with the asteriks to protect my privacy.

posts from hell said:
I replaced the town name with the asteriks to protect my privacy.
Is that Sin City?!? Wait.. Is it Helltown!?! ;) just kidding.

my cat refuse to play the catch... even though she will go and chase after the ball if I throw but that's it.

Back