CatDog?!

Rose Immortal

Reaction score
OK, I'm really starting to wonder about my cat now.

She is NOT friendly with other animals...hisses and spits around other cats especially. However, she is just fine with strange humans (unless she's in the vet's office in which case she knows it's gonna hurt or be uncomfortable!).

The only other times we've seen her be nice to another animal is once, when a dog came up to the glass on our sunporch...she started rubbing all over the glass in a very friendly way. Just recently, we were bringing her back from the vet's, and for awhile her cage was sitting not 2 yards away from a big, 80-pound dog. She didn't bat an eye at the dog...she seemed just fine with that! Interestingly enough, there were no other cats in that lobby--just people and dogs.

We don't know her history before we picked her up from the animal shelter--but could it be that she thinks she's at least part-dog?? ;)

catc.gif

Lets trade our cats - my cat Rosie wont stop swiping at my dog Cooper. Cooper begs and whines for her attention everyday and Rosie just swipes at him with her paw as if to tell him to get lost.

Cooper would be very happy with your cat :giggle:

By the way, Catdog cartoon used to be one of my faves - it isnt running anymore on TV. I sure enjoyed watching that show!

First time kitten arrived and sees our bulldogs..
*hissing* for many times until few months adapt accept along w/bulldogs..

Which it's good thing takes long way to heal accept welcome another new pet in the house..

I've seen my friend's place who has Stadfordire American pitbull, Made me lauff'n so hard..
When Kitten arrives.. Rest of their family adores petting newest pet in the house..
Their dog came and whine ... push kitten away.. laid on their legs.. *whine sounds*
When I picked up new kitten... guess what.. He pushed me and jump laid on me.. *whine sounds* I can see dog's eyes.. want me petting him.. I petting him same time new kitten.. LOL

I have been seen their dog really damn friendly but... ODD!

I know some people who hate pitbull I do agree you totally problem THE OWNER who treated badly to their pet and snap went rage and kill innocent animals or people..
Who fault?It's owner..

Gemtun said:
Lets trade our cats - my cat Rosie wont stop swiping at my dog Cooper. Cooper begs and whines for her attention everyday and Rosie just swipes at him with her paw as if to tell him to get lost.

Cooper would be very happy with your cat :giggle:

My last cat didn't get along with dogs as well. She swiped the dog we had on the nose, twice, and the dog went away with her tail tucked between her legs. Picture this--8-pound cat vs. 80-90 pound dog. And the dog walks away whining with her tail tucked between her legs!

They got to where they could live with each other, but it was very clear that the cat was the "alpha female" of the pack.

By the way, Catdog cartoon used to be one of my faves - it isnt running anymore on TV. I sure enjoyed watching that show!

LOL, I miss CatDog too!

Could be that happen, because my best friend's cat acts like that he is a dog. And her dog acts like she is a cat. :lol: That makes me laugh becuase they are soooo weird!

Sweetheart said:
Could be that happen, because my best friend's cat acts like that he is a dog. And her dog acts like she is a cat. :lol: That makes me laugh becuase they are soooo weird!

LOL, what does the dog do that's like a cat?

Rose Immortal said:
LOL, what does the dog do that's like a cat?

She licked herself to giving her bath same like Cat do... She eat cat food, she sit on the couch same like cat do. ETC LIKE THAT! :lol: oh my!

That shows you how little I know about dogs...I didn't realize they don't bathe themselves!

P.S.: You have good taste in coffee... ;)

Rose Immortal said:
OK, I'm really starting to wonder about my cat now.

She is NOT friendly with other animals...hisses and spits around other cats especially. However, she is just fine with strange humans (unless she's in the vet's office in which case she knows it's gonna hurt or be uncomfortable!).

The only other times we've seen her be nice to another animal is once, when a dog came up to the glass on our sunporch...she started rubbing all over the glass in a very friendly way. Just recently, we were bringing her back from the vet's, and for awhile her cage was sitting not 2 yards away from a big, 80-pound dog. She didn't bat an eye at the dog...she seemed just fine with that! Interestingly enough, there were no other cats in that lobby--just people and dogs.

We don't know her history before we picked her up from the animal shelter--but could it be that she thinks she's at least part-dog?? ;)

catc.gif

:giggle: your description about your cat is an exactly same as my soon to be 20 years old Sussi, cat...

She is unfriendly toward any animals... She forbid any dogs and cats to come our property... She is guardwatch on my property... :giggle: It's funny when I see her hiss to scare big dog away... The owner of dog was like :eek3: that his dog is fear of my cat... :D Sussi is very friendly toward every humans.

I found stray kitten in July 2004 at forest and brought her to home and just thought about Sussi and fear she "might" hurt kitten... We tried to do anything to separate them... but the vet told me it's not solve anything to separate them but leave it... It would take 6 weeks time to get Sussi to get use... Sussi accepted Kim but refuse to be friendly or play with Kim... I can understand that Sussi living alone for years until Kim came... It's almost 2 years now, Sussi still hiss on Kim when Kim go near her... sometimes Sussi let Kim "kiss" Sussi's face... It make Kim tease Sussi more and more ... doesn't leave Sussi alone... :giggle:
They have no problem to share their foods... They respect each other when there're 2 dish of their foods on the cat tray...

We are thinking about get one more cat to company Kim to leave Sussi alone.

Once, my parents found a stray kitten and we couldn't keep him because of Annie. So they had to take him to an animal shelter (one of the good ones where they don't kill unwanted animals, of course!).

But I really think Annie would behave a little better around dogs than your cat. ;)

Back