CART provider studying ASL

StenoKnight

Reaction score
Hi!

I've used AllDeaf as a resource for several years now, searching for specific threads when I had questions on Deaf issues, but I've decided there's just too much good stuff here not to read it regularly, so I made an account and added it to my RSS reader.

I'm a CART provider in New York City. I mostly CART for college classes, but I do museum lectures and support group meetings now and then as well. If anyone's in the city, I'm CARTing a community forum on disability next week at Selis Manor! I also do pre-scripted open captioning for plays and musicals, which is great fun.

I've been interested in the Deaf community for years and especially in ASL, but I never found the time to study it until now. I'm just four weeks into my first class, but I love it and I'm planning to keep going as far as I can with it. Thanks for making this such a fun and welcoming place! I should have registered ages ago.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Better to be late than never. I am glad you are here today. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Back