Car dash cam can prove your guilt or innocense

That is why I think it should be applied on every vehicle in US and Canada because it helps us avoid insurance frauds and bad cops.

Yes, I see a green light BUT

He heard sirens, I see all cars stopped at the green light ( Theres a reason for this)
and in the handbook from the DMV you MUST stop/pull over for an emergency vehicle. NOW... yes, heard siren, had green light, cars stopped... shouldnt he had slowed down and observe a bit more.... The driver is at fault. No he didnt run a red light, mark that off the record but he did FAIL TO YEILD to an emergency vehicle, proved his own guilt there!

Oh wow, I want to slap the federal government really hard. :roll:

What kind of dash cam that you recommended for me?

Yes, I see a green light BUT

He heard sirens, I see all cars stopped at the green light ( Theres a reason for this)
and in the handbook from the DMV you MUST stop/pull over for an emergency vehicle. NOW... yes, heard siren, had green light, cars stopped... shouldnt he had slowed down and observe a bit more.... The driver is at fault. No he didnt run a red light, mark that off the record but he did FAIL TO YEILD to an emergency vehicle, proved his own guilt there!
Did he hear the siren? I played the video again, and I didn't hear the siren. I heard music playing in the car. Even if he did hear a siren, I know from experience that you can't always tell the direction of the siren.

Also, even when emergency vehicles have their lights on, aren't they supposed to make sure the intersection is clear and safe before entering? Especially since he was turning from a no-left-turn lane.

I believe the Russians recommend Go Pro. I might upgrade to that someday.

Did he hear the siren? I played the video again, and I didn't hear the siren. I heard music playing in the car. Even if he did hear a siren, I know from experience that you can't always tell the direction of the siren.

Also, even when emergency vehicles have their lights on, aren't they supposed to make sure the intersection is clear and safe before entering? Especially since he was turning from a no-left-turn lane.

I agree, in the story it said he heard the sirens, but I also agree you cant always tell where they come from, but you do take caution and slow down. When Im driving and there is a green light but cars are sitting still... I slow down and look, you dont know what you are about to run into ( a child running across the street, a car running a red...ect...) something is wrong if the cars arent moving because if the first car is not paying attention that the light is green ( and 2 lanes besides the open 3rd lane) are stopped... something isnt right ahead.

and the van couldnt see past the 2 lanes of stopped traffic since the 3rd was so far back

I agree, in the story it said he heard the sirens, but I also agree you cant always tell where they come from, but you do take caution and slow down. When Im driving and there is a green light but cars are sitting still... I slow down and look, you dont know what you are about to run into ( a child running across the street, a car running a red...ect...) something is wrong if the cars arent moving because if the first car is not paying attention that the light is green ( and 2 lanes besides the open 3rd lane) are stopped... something isnt right ahead.
Yes, he probably should have slowed down but I don't really know what speeds were involved and what he could see from his angle, not the camera angle.

and the van couldnt see past the 2 lanes of stopped traffic since the 3rd was so far back
That's why the van driver should have been more cautious about crossing the intersection and made sure that the way was clear.

That is why I think it should be applied on every vehicle in US and Canada because it helps us avoid insurance frauds and bad cops.

Russia has problems with corrupt police so that's why lots of drivers there have a dashboard cam. Don't believe me, just go to youtube and look for dashboard cams

Russia has problems with corrupt police so that's why lots of drivers there have a dashboard cam. Don't believe me, just go to youtube and look for dashboard cams

And insurance frauds too.

You do not have to tell me to go to youtube because I watch Russian dash cam compilations every week. :)

Hey, that is another evidence why I don't trust every damn cops, sometimes they would do anything to get above the law, also taking advantage of knowledge the government system where civilian may have limited knowledge of what their rights are.

Now Im thinking I should add dash cam! I was in accident where insurance thinks Im at 10% fault where if I had dash cam, it will show it is NOT my fault, period. Maybe a good investment :hmm:

HD Color IR DVR Nightvision Car Dash Camera 2 5inch TFT LCD Screen Road Recorder | eBay

That's one I use it and I love it. It's works good for almost 2 years BUT I ordered the better car charger for $5 because dash cam's car charger are junk. That's all you needs to buy the 16GB SD. It's good enough for almost 3-4 days. Once it's full then it will overwrite the old files. It's auto record when I turned the engine on and stop record when I killed the engine. My bro have one too. Also, I think Reba have same one too.

Back