Captioning on Netflix.

darkbunny101

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if you know of any sites the can tell you what videos are captioned on Netflix because, well, Netflix does not tell you what is captioned... So it is always a hit and miss procedure. :(

I tried searching myself and I found this site the claimed to have a link for the site I was basically looking for but I ended up some very questionable sites. Long story, short... I gave up looking on Google. :\

If you guys could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, thank you so much. :)

List them under DVD details

DVD details

Length: 122 minutes
Screen formats: Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish (Neutral)
closed_caption.gif
Closed captioned

List them under DVD details

DVD details

Length: 122 minutes
Screen formats: Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish (Neutral)
closed_caption.gif
Closed captioned

Even then it's not always certain. I have quite a few DVD titles that read they were closed captioned right on the box but actually weren't in reality.

Laura

I understand that you can determine that the video *might* be captioned on the DVD details... But I am not talking about DVDs.

I am talking about Netflix.

Also, I just figured it out. It is under movie details and if the movie does not have any captioning, it just does not specify.

Thank you.

The dvd details i copied and pasted directly from the netflix website is also what is on the dvd box i'm sure. I doubt the time each movie and check all the captioning :lol:

I understand that you can determine that the video *might* be captioned on the DVD details... But I am not talking about DVDs.

I am talking about Netflix.

Also, I just figured it out. It is under movie details and if the movie does not have any captioning, it just does not specify.

Thank you.

I've watched films on Netflix that did have subtitles...one just recently and now the subtitles are gone, although it continues to read it has subtitles. I've reported it twice. Who knows when they'll get around to fixing it......

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if you know of any sites the can tell you what videos are captioned on Netflix because, well, Netflix does not tell you what is captioned... So it is always a hit and miss procedure. :(

I tried searching myself and I found this site the claimed to have a link for the site I was basically looking for but I ended up some very questionable sites. Long story, short... I gave up looking on Google. :\

If you guys could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, thank you so much. :)
I am not a Netflix member. Anyway, I read one of the threads about downloading subtitles for Netflix movies/TV shows so you have to do your homework to find the old thread about how to. Good luck!

No, not all equipment that support Netflix will work with captions.

I had two Samsung DVD player with Netflix in it. One of them works fine, other didn't work at all. I looked up at equipment compatibility for caption, found out not all models do support Netflix captions.

List of Netflix compatible devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of Panasonic BD players support it but they are not listed in that link. Looks like it needs an update. So better call Netflix for more info.

Even call them, most of them knows nothing! I have checked that, LOL

Some of Panasonic BD players support it but they are not listed in that link. Looks like it needs an update. So better call Netflix for more info.

Even call them, most of them knows nothing! I have checked that, LOL
At DVTV, one vlogger talked about the captioning issue on Netflix. Later he left a video comment under his vlog letting us know that he called Netflix and the company explained it to him and gave him a list of the compatible BD players so he went to buy one of them. In other words, he got through by VP. Maybe Netflix doesn't like you. :lol:

No, from my experience working as Technical support at calling center. Not all agent knows the answer. Some knows, the rest not. You may have called right agent that knows shit.

I myself don't know everything and I notice sometimes customer called me and couldn't get what they wanted, so that same customer called back but to another agent, they got what they wanted. Same thing, if customer called to my co worker and failed, then called back to me, I could help.

At DVTV, one vlogger talked about the captioning issue on Netflix. Later he left a video comment under his vlog letting us know that he called Netflix and the company explained it to him and gave him a list of the compatible BD players so he went to buy one of them. In other words, he got through by VP. Maybe Netflix doesn't like you. :lol:

No, from my experience working as Technical support at calling center. Not all agent knows the answer. Some knows, the rest not. You may have called right agent that knows shit.

I myself don't know everything and I notice sometimes customer called me and couldn't get what they wanted, so that same customer called back but to another agent, they got what they wanted. Same thing, if customer called to my co worker and failed, then called back to me, I could help.
WTF? How did you communicate with customers? By live chat through your website?

I have a Netflix account for the last 2 years. I use it mostly to watch TV Shows. Like watching the entire Highlander TV Show, with Adrian Paul. Plus many others.

I have also noticed many movies with closed caption and many without. The one movie I saw on the list was just recently added and I wanted to watch it. It didn't have closed caption. A few weeks go by and I had a gut feeling to check the movie again, and it had closed caption with it. It was added afterward. So Netflix is doing what they can to cater to those of us who are deaf.

But what sucks is the poor movie selection. Many of them are old movies.

I have tried the 7 day trial period for Hulu Plus. Which I thought was great, since it displays the current TV shows. I was able to catch up on Defiance, I actually like the show. Anyhow, I couldn't figure out if they had movies. They always seem to show 'movie clips'. I am not even sure if they have movies with Hulu Plus. I don't mind the occasional commercials. Gives me time to pause and refill a drink or go to the bathroom.

This will be a non-issue soon. Due to a lawsuit, Netflix is legally required to offer captions. By 2014 90% of their movies will have captions, and by 2015 100%. If they don't, I think they're fined 2mil, half of which goes to the NAD, who filed the suit, but it's been a while since I read the final verdict.

This will be a non-issue soon. Due to a lawsuit, Netflix is legally required to offer captions. By 2014 90% of their movies will have captions, and by 2015 100%. If they don't, I think they're fined 2mil, half of which goes to the NAD, who filed the suit, but it's been a while since I read the final verdict.
We are aware of that but the problem is that you have to have a compatible device to turn on subtitles in order to watch it on TV.

LOL, it is called Videophone. Customers can be either Deaf or Hearing. For hearing though VRS. Try call 801 287 9403 and see for yourself.

WTF? How did you communicate with customers? By live chat through your website?

Yup, that is fact. It can't fix overnight but will take time.

Ahem, he was right. the court made Netflix to fix the compatibility issues or else. So Netflix have to figure a way to make all equipments compatible or face penalty.

We are aware of that but the problem is that you have to have a compatible device to turn on subtitles in order to watch it on TV.

It is very good to hear that Netflix will eventually have to provide captioning for EVERYTHING soon.

Thank you all for your input!

Back