Captioned YouTube Channel for Broadway

scribbler86

Reaction score
I mentioned in my blog, aslperformingarts.blogspot.com that the official YouTube channel for the Broadway show RENT is now captioned (the same videos are fed to their touring production blog at www.rentthebroadwaytour.blogspot.com and their official website at Rent The Broadway Tour - Tickets; National Tour Tickets .

Right now, they are the only Broadway show to offer captioning for their videos (Rent did all 45 of theirs in a matter of few days and some of the videos do show the cast members signing 'ILY').

Please take a moment to go to their website (one of many) to thank them for their efforts to include the Deaf/HOH Broadway fans (like me!)

Check out EverythingIsRENT 's youtube channel! www.youtube.com/everythingisrent

Working on convincing the other Broadway shows that have a YouTube channel to do theirs as well (West Side Story, In the Heights, Spring Awakening, 9 to 5, Guys and Dolls, Next To Normal and [title of show] are looking into it - TDF confirmed that they would NOT caption their videos - ironic how they're the ones who schedule interpreters for Broadway in addition to an interpreter training program partnered with Juilliard).

I chose "Seasons of Love" as one of my finals songs in ASLVI.

I enjoyed performing that song in ASL.

Back