Caption First (Captionfirst.com)

I am not sure what this all about. would you explain the idea so I can understand. Thanks.

Well they have different services but here's the basic concept.

Imagine you are going to a business meeting. You bring your lap top computer along with you. While at the meeting you sign into the service. Someone from there will listen in on your business meeting (One way is by phone) and caption your business meeting for you in real time. So they are almost like a relay operator. You'll read what's being said in your business meeting on your computer screen.

That's just one example. Another is let's say you are watching a live stream show or a webcam. For example if you click here all the videos on that page are live and happening as you watch it. The service can also give you real time captioning of those live videos too. So as you are watching the live video you can use their service to enjoy it with captions.

Thats the basics to it.

There are more!

Thanks for posting this. There are a lot of online based captioning and other live methods available as when I went to a meeting years ago that (my gosh!) had captioning the captioner talked about her services and how remotely she can caption meetings, etc.

So I'm not sure what this site can do for me but I'll look someday. Really P.O.d about the rarity of captioned online videos.

Back