cant study

typeingtornado19

Reaction score
so i am a college student living at home, but i am having trouble studying because of my parents being annoying, i study in the living room because there is more light, but they insist on blasting the TV where i cant concentrate, i cant get anything done! any advice?

lol i have pretty much the same, my room is always freezing...and downstairs is the fireplace where its sooo warm, except its right next to the tv. I've kinda resorted to not even studying when the family's home...i just do it at school now. sooo have you tried ear-plugs? or just invest in a good lamp/ stronger lightbulbs for your room. :)
lol i know im not of much help but i guess i thought i'd just share my sort of same experience with you. you're not alone! trust me ..theres always some sort of issue that comes up with anyone when theyre studying, ive learned
soooo goodluck

I am also college student and living with my family. It best to ask them to be quiet or do it late at night when they sleep. That how i do it.

1 word - library. the best solution ever. it's a foolproof answer.

i do spend a lot of time at the library, but i wish i could live there!!! i cant do crap at home.

oh that sux.... I did have a luxury of studying at 24/7 Columbia University library... even though I was not a student there. Don't ask how I got in :cool2:

so i am a college student living at home, but i am having trouble studying because of my parents being annoying, i study in the living room because there is more light, but they insist on blasting the TV where i cant concentrate, i cant get anything done! any advice?

You obviously can't do this tonight given the time, but how about going to your campus or public library tomorrow? I'm also a university student and it's where I do all of my studying. I can't study at home because there are just too many distractions (i.e. TV, radio, computer/Internet/e-mail, books I'd like to read, food, etc.).

oh that sux.... I did have a luxury of studying at 24/7 Columbia University library... even though I was not a student there. Don't ask how I got in :cool2:

:hmm:

At my university library, people aren't required to have a student ID in order to study there. Anyone is welcome -- students and non-students alike.

nice one. not asking how you got in will be hard.

:hmm:

At my university library, people aren't required to have a student ID in order to study there. Anyone is welcome -- students and non-students alike.

ha ha - ok here's a little story - Once upon a time, I took summer semester at CU (Columbia University) 3-4? years ago so I had the ID. CU is just 15 min from me and my college campus is 1 hour away so I took a liberty of studying there. I was surprised that my old CU ID was still valid but... they changed ID last year so I no longer can go there anymore... doesn't matter anymore since I graduated already.

Private universities do require IDs but not public university.

I just thought of another suggestion. Do you have headphones you can wear to listen to an iPod, etc. while you study?

ha ha - ok here's a little story - Once upon a time, I took summer semester at CU (Columbia University) 3-4? years ago so I had the ID. CU is just 15 min from me and my college campus is 1 hour away so I took a liberty of studying there. I was surprised that my old CU ID was still valid but... they changed ID last year so I no longer can go there anymore... doesn't matter anymore since I graduated already.

Private universities do require IDs but not public university.

That explains it. I attend a state university.

That explains it. I attend a state university.

yup. I graduated from state university as well. I used to go to community college for summers (it's lot cheaper). Both do not need IDs to get around.... which is good because we taxpayers paid for it - thus, we have rights to roam around.

thanks, i would so buy a lamp but i am broke.

why not steal a lamp from living room? unless... it's attached to ceiling. Or you can buy a desk lamp at college store. It's very cheap... usually $10. Just replace it with high-wattage Fluorescent bulb. It works like expensive lamp.

Philipsbulb_detail.jpg

why not steal a lamp from living room? unless... it's attached to ceiling. Or you can buy a desk lamp at college store. It's very cheap... usually $10. Just replace it with high-wattage Fluorescent bulb. It works like expensive lamp.

Philipsbulb_detail.jpg

true. good idea. nice pic.

yup. I graduated from state university as well. I used to go to community college for summers (it's lot cheaper). Both do not need IDs to get around.... which is good because we taxpayers paid for it - thus, we have rights to roam around.

Exactly.

Back