Cant find a perfect word to describe...venting tho to hearing ppl

lucidjen

Reaction score
Sometimes those days-I wishes I dont want to be deaf-know why? Hearing ppl makes me feel that! Take a note of that, dont take offend of it, Im just saying straight from my thought. Its what I feels, Its what my heart is poruing out..I am venting out right now. Im frustraing, so is my deaf friend also, we are getting sick of it. I drives to Phx, all the times, I mean ALL the freakin' TIMES!...to hang out with deafies, that I can fit in which that calls "deaf world" where I belongs, its where calls my names, its where I can be...its where my life cld fit. ----- I am so SICK of everything! I am sick of the people I hang out with. [not u corona babe] The only people I am not sick of are the deaf ppl and the ppl who are willing to signs that understand deaf culture and how to treat deafies. They are so much easier to hang out with because they A] knows sign, B] dont judge like stupid hearing ppl, C] they know aht it is like to be deaf. The hearing ppl dont. Some hearing ppl think they do. If ur reading this then, dont even think you do.
Do you ever notice the communication barrier between you and I in person? I definitley do...well, apparently right now I am very FED UP, with hearing ppl. Coming from a deaf person, Ill share my frustrations with all of you hearing ppl. Pls try to understand..if you even care. Anyway, when I am around a big group of hearing ppl. for instance, at school. If my interpeter is not with me, they dont even bother to sign and tell me what is going on. Its makes frustration increase. My feelings become negative. My frustrating thoughts are, "WHY DO I HAVE TO BE DEAF? WHY CAN'T I BE HEARING? AND NOT HAVE TO BOTHER PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" Dont get me wrong, But i really do love being deaf. It just has it s pros and cons. It just shows that hearing ppl dont really care abt their "poor, pathetic deaf" friend to let us know what is going on. i just wanted to let my thoughts out because I really hate hearing ppl right now at this very moment. I do like hearing ppl and of course I LOVE to talk, but still. Some days I get so fed up with hearing ppl. I love my family and everything, sometimes I get sick of them because they dont bother to tell me whats going on. I love being around deaf ppl becaus they dont judge you. They dont care. They just enjoy chatting with ppl that have the same language as they do. I hope you understand my frustrations. This is NOT all the frustrations I am feeling right now. There is A LOT more problems I have with hearing ppl. Im sure you are thinking "quit complaining, its life." True, its life. It has its problems. I have the rights to complain. At least you hearing ppl have nothing to complain abt. You have no problem with communication. Deaf ppl do. And other ppl that speak foregin language. COMMUNICATION BARRIER IS MY PLM WITH HEARING PPL. Hope that was big enough for you to read. hah. I ts really hard especially at school. PPL dont realize I can read lips, yet they call me a retard...HUH...that is soooo WRONG! When they hear me talk, they act like they have never heard me talk before...well, hello, cant you take the time to get to know me before you judge me and call me a freaking retard. UGHH...Hearing PPL!! ... Sorry if you take an offend to this..yet I dont care..a lot of ppl dont realize this, deaf ppl have jokes abt haring ppl. Just like how you make fun of us. We get our revenge. Deaf ppl are very trick. be careful with us. we cld do something hideous. Hah...hope you'all enjoyed reading this. I really hope you guys [hearing ppl] get offended by this. I could use much stronger, harsh words, yet I chosen not to because I am a nice deafie that suffers with hearing ppl, because I am surrounded with them 24/7, unfortuantly...its a real world.

Last edited:
I know how u feel honey, Sometime the World can be so Cruel.. But, Do not let them Bring down the best of you. Be Proud of who you are. I know That There are Some hearing people just do not understand about the Deaf.. They are scare weather we understood them or not they are afaird to talk to us wondering if we will understand them.

I know that when I was in Jr. High I had alot of hearing Kids tease me in school because of my sign language cuz the way we can't hear.. I go up to them and tell them Hey, Deaf People listen with their eyes, facial expressions and body language say as much as the human voice and sign language is spoken As English....

Since the majority of "hearing" people don't have an opportunity to meet and interact with Deaf people. Hearing people often perceive being deaf as losing an important "sense" that is elemental to their lives. :roll:

Let me tell u one thing honey, Deaf people can do anything…except hear.

Don't let the hearing People bring you down. Ignored them. They are not worth your being angry over. :ily: :grouphug:

Yeah -- I sometimes get quite irritated and frustrated with the hearing people in general -- but there are a handful who are friends of mine....I just hate being treated as if my deafness was contagious, you know? Or giving me pity because I can't hear? Augh! Can't they just treat me like anyone else?!

I hear you, lucidjen. Great vent!

Wow... I hear ya, Lucidjen! Glad you got it all out. :grouphug:

im not profundly deaf or anything but i know how you feel... because i cant distinguish sounds and things i often miss things... the easy way of saying 'excuse me can you speak up im a little deaf' seems to generate one of three replyes

#1(the joke) answer: ''WHAT?''... or maybe "pardon?" - i loathe this one..... i get it from parents teachers mates...... you get the picture

#2 (the look) they look at you...i cant describe it.. but automaticly they think your somewhat lacking... then they start being over condesending... and mouth their words.... im talking exagerated mouthing.. lol i cant describe it.... for me someone who relies on lipreading thats not the best thing to do

#3 (both) people completly ignorant will make the joke give you the look and do all the crazy things ... realy annoys me

even the audiology nurses in my centre are realy condersending... :crazy:

Unfortunately, even the d/Deaf community does this to their own. They will do cultural favouritism with their own kind with the hard-of-hearing, late-deafened and/or mainstreamed community. It is so sad to see even the d/Deaf community complaining about being oppressed by the hearing community, yet turning the tables against their own community.

Socrates, that's right, man! I couldn't have said just what you mean any better...... I usually go off mumbling something like, "Ah, fek, there it is, da deef screwin da deef again"! :thumb:

Socrates said:
Unfortunately, even the d/Deaf community does this to their own. They will do cultural favouritism with their own kind with the hard-of-hearing, late-deafened and/or mainstreamed community. It is so sad to see even the d/Deaf community complaining about being oppressed by the hearing community, yet turning the tables against their own community.

Yeah true.. that's so sad.

lucidjen, I do feel your pain. I sometimes get furious with hearing people and let my vent out of myself and feel better. BUT that sucks!! Hope you feel better to take off your chest to post it here. :)

What abt reading their lips?

You know I get so tired of reading lips. At work, I "look" everywhere with my eyes. I read their lips. I just rely using my very own eyes to observe things... BUT when I get home, I cant be fucked to read my parent's lips and use my voice cos I dont feel like talking. My eyes gets so sore and tired after working all day. Id rather to use my HANDS and express thing myself so free and easily, you know? Why cant those hearing ppl sign, even thos I use my voice to speak out and my skill to read their lips!!

BUT.... Yea, lucidjen - I feel and hear ya!!

sharlie

:grouphug: great vent Lucidjen! i feel for u too -- i get VERY frustrated with hearies on occasions even tho i can lipread and my speech i guess is understandable but grrr at some hearies too

I need to add my 2 cents to this ...(I know that two cents aint worth anything in these days due to inflation)

It is not hearing or deaf people ..it is PEOPLE. There are many deaf people who do judge you too ..I have met some hearing people who are more friendly and patient than some deaf folks. It is sad to see deaf folks judging other deaf folks when we 've had enough from the general hearing society.

I've had many hearing people asking me why the deaf people choose to ignore them or refuse to get to know them. I know that many are angry at hearing people but it is NOT ALL hearing people who do that. We should give everyone chances, no matter if they are deaf or hearing.

I spent a few summers living at Gallaudet dorms and I was shocked to see how they automatically rejected me simply becasue I didn't grow up using ASL like them. I think that before we can break down barriers with hearing people, we need to break down barriers WITHIN our own deaf community and become a strong united community then we all can work together to remove barriers/ignorance in the general hearing society.

Back