Cant figure out sign!

circlerain

Reaction score
I can't figure out this sign! Someone in my class who knows more ASL than I do did this sign, and I can't figure out what it meant. We were talking (signing) & I ended up apologzing for something (but totally joking about apologizing because neither one of us was serious about what we were saying) & she made a Y-handshape, which she placed at the lower-center of her chest, and tapped twice. It was similar to the sign for "me-too", but it didnt' fit the conversation. Any ideas as to what that meant? I never remembered to ask her. Thanks!!

circlerain said:
I can't figure out this sign! Someone in my class who knows more ASL than I do did this sign, and I can't figure out what it meant. We were talking (signing) & I ended up apologzing for something (but totally joking about apologizing because neither one of us was serious about what we were saying) & she made a Y-handshape, which she placed at the lower-center of her chest, and tapped twice. It was similar to the sign for "me-too", but it didnt' fit the conversation. Any ideas as to what that meant? I never remembered to ask her. Thanks!!

If I understand from your description. What I am thinking of is ...

Yugoslavia

I could be wrong here. :confused:

LOL! If that's it I'm really going to have to talk to her about what she was doing before class that day. Um, she seemed a little *too* interested in learning what the sign for "drunk" was....hm....

sounds like its "same" or was she using both y's at the same time? if so, it's probably "bragging", "show"

RebelGirl said:
sounds like its "same" or was she using both y's at the same time? if so, it's probably "bragging", "show"
Yes, this is what I thought.. brag.. ego..

Back