candiate?? (poll)

Do you think I will be qualitify for a CI?

• Total voters
I have heard of the implant migrating ( I think that's the right word) which is sort of the body rejecting the implant, but not really...it's just the implant moves out of place. It's really rare.

Canditate for CI

I´m profoundly deaf, too.. the next step would be a CI.

deafdyke said:
Is the psychlogist appointment mandatory? I really think it should be mandatory (especially for parents of pediatric implantees) b/c I see SO MANY parents and potential implantees seeing the implant as a "cure"
Actucally darkangel, I think going to a psycologist might be a good idea for you. It does sound like you have a realistic view of a CI and aren't doing it to appear more hearing, but I think that going to a professoional psych is a good idear.
i must have overlooked this months ago..

yeah it's required at my center to have a physcology test.. interviewing on my background, reasons why i want it, what if's, blah blah..

and yeah i agree all centers should require this.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i must have overlooked this months ago..

yeah it's required at my center to have a physcology test.. interviewing on my background, reasons why i want it, what if's, blah blah..

and yeah i agree all centers should require this.

Yes, i think all the centers in Ontario has this physcologly test...
When i had to go in for it i was nervous cuz i have bipolar dianoged by a physcologist in school, and i was afraid that they will turn me down cuz of my mental health problem.. but i was relieved to find out they arent turn me down.. whew

When i had to go in for it i was nervous cuz i have bipolar dianoged by a physcologist in school, and i was afraid that they will turn me down cuz of my mental health problem.. but i was relieved to find out they arent turn me down.. whew
I don't think they'd reject you b/c of bipolar....I think that the psych exam is just to make sure that you've got realistic expecations....and that's a good idear..don't even get me started on that!

deafdyke said:
I don't think they'd reject you b/c of bipolar....I think that the psych exam is just to make sure that you've got realistic expecations....and that's a good idear..don't even get me started on that!

Yes but when i went in for the exam, they seems a bit concern about my being bipolar, cuz they want to make sure that i will be ok and stuff. Like if it doesnt work for me then i will be down from it and all depressed and sucidial and stuff, but i told them that i already knew the risks of it and i was willing to take it etc so i know that if it doesnt work then it doesnt work period. And stuff like that, the physcologist was asking me a whole lot of questions about my bipolar disorder and sucidal attempts before etc and family and stuff like that, but seems they approve it cuz i got approved for candiate. Which i am glad.

I vote "maybe".

Mainly important is follow your own heart either you really want to have CI or not.

Back