Can you learn to lipread online?

inmate23

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone no of websites/dvds that teach you how to lipread?

I do not think you can learn to lipread via the internet. It would be best to go to lipreading classes if you wish

just do some internet searches and see what u find.... i guess you could but dont know of anything out there yet... godd luck. i strongly suggest you talk with a speech pathologist to get some advice. i taught myself with the help of a friend who is a speech pathologist. the mirror was my best friend for looonng time. hehe. just takes alot of practice.

It is probably better to practice in real life because online practice probably wont reflect real life situations. Just my suggestion...

How about if you watch a TV program without the CC and record it at the same time. Then later watch it again with the CC on to see how you did.

I learned as I was growing up. I never could look people in the eyes because I was too busy looking at their lips trying to make sure I heard right. My mom says I actually did this even as a baby

I have to look at their eyes so they know I'm being seroius about what I'm saying and then I look at their lips. It's kinda annoying.

Back