Can you hear Helicopter and plane with CI??

Pinky

Reaction score
I am wonder can you hear the Helicopter and airplane above the sky? I can heard it today! It was my first time ever I had! I was so THRILLED!

Planes are very loud and low frequency so anyone with residual hearing should hear them with HAs and especially with CI. Some of the less deaf can hear them unaided!

Yes I can hear them with CI, very clear and low. I couldn't with HA's I live 3 miles from small but busy international airport so had the practice listening for them and listening the birds at the same time, it helps with recongising sounds with other sounds... I go round the park with the dog and listen every morning/evening. There is so many sounds in the park/around the park. For example,

Traffic,
Kids,
Dogs,
Planes
Birds
Helicpoter

Like I said in FB i am really pleased for you.

When your low frequency starts at 80db then you don't hear an airplane crashing into your house, let alone one flying in the sky.:laugh2:

Yes I can hear them with CI, very clear and low. I couldn't with HA's I live 3 miles from small but busy international airport so had the practice listening for them and listening the birds at the same time, it helps with recongising sounds with other sounds... I go round the park with the dog and listen every morning/evening. There is so many sounds in the park/around the park. For example,

Traffic,
Kids,
Dogs,
Planes
Birds
Helicpoter

Like I said in FB i am really pleased for you.

exactly! I can hear them as well! Yayaya

Planes are very loud and low frequency so anyone with residual hearing should hear them with HAs and especially with CI. Some of the less deaf can hear them unaided!

Previous hearing aids and can't heard the helicopter and plane. Now I can hear with CI! I didn't wear hearing aid on my right ear. I asked my mom when I hear something noise background. She said it was helicopter idling and plane.

When your low frequency starts at 80db then you don't hear an airplane crashing into your house, let alone one flying in the sky.:laugh2:

If a plane was crashing into my house, the last thing on my mind would be whether I could hear it or not, id be too busy running for my life! :shock:

Deafdude and Hask12 :topic: I am talking about CI can hear the helicopther. I don't' care about crash sound alike. Are you both CI user???

Yes, I have always heard them whether with my HA or now with CI. It is cool to hear them especially helicopters. Hearing helicopter sounds is one of my favorite. The best part is how it changes in pitch and intensity over time and you can tell whether it is coming or going. Unfortunately, I don't hear them enough...:(

Yes, I have always heard them whether with my HA or now with CI. It is cool to hear them especially helicopters. Hearing helicopter sounds is one of my favorite. The best part is how it changes in pitch and intensity over time and you can tell whether it is coming or going. Unfortunately, I don't hear them enough...:(

I wore hearing aids and never hear any sound of helicopter and plane before. Until I got my CI. Finally, I can hear!

Sorry Pinky, I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression. No I don't wear a CI.

When I was a kid before I became HOH I could hear planes in the sky anytime even if they were very high up. Now I cannot hear them at all with or without HAs no matter where they are in the sky even low like flying into DCA over the Potomac. I can hear helicopters even without HAs because sometimes they fly very low around here, there are lots of government helicopters flying around DC, and I can hear them.

I couldn't hear a whole lot before I got hearing aids when I was 11. My mother told me that the next day after getting them, I had said, "The Robins sure are singing this morning!"

Even though I have a hearing dog, I can hear helicopters, airplanes, traffic and the birds singing.

yeah airplanes and helicopter I can hear with my implant. but with my HA i cannot hear them

Hi

Yes I can hear planes, helicopters enough with my cochlear implants and very loud and not comfortable if it nearer but in far away, yes I can hear them. With hearing aids I worn before I had cochlear implants I can hear them if nearer but not always can hear them far away. It seems interesting though isn't it? :D

I can hear them clearly with my HAs but without them, nope.

I don't think I can hear airplane...not the one that flies up really really high. I don't live anywhere near airport. even when I'm at airport, I still can't hear them coming and going out.

Helicopter is another story, it's very hard to miss.

Back