Can they legally refuse me an interpreter?

actually according from what I read at to ADA Home Page - ada.gov - Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act and DisabilityInfo.gov: Disability related information and resources from the Federal Government, church are exempted from the ADA, and this included religious colleges. But a church-run day care center is under the ADA. religion and the law is always confusing.
All colleges/universities are under the ADA regardless of whether they are the recipients of federal financial assistance or not.

If that religious college is accepting tuition funding from Pell Grants, they are receiving federal funding, and therefore, Section 504 applies.

jasin, they don't have the right to refuse you for your request to have an interpreters. When I was in college, I have two interpreters since I ask for intrepreters and the school pay for it. They know it the law to let deaf and hoh have interpreters for colleges since it is the "ADA" laws. You might to get help from ADA and NAD that give you great informations how to help you. :)

And the whole Judicial Brachn is exempted too.
The liberal Demoratcs who had Congress in their power before the 1990s refused to apply the laws to themselves until Newt Gingrich passed the Congressional Accountability Act.

But Section 504 does apply.

Jillio: Section 504 doesn't apply to judicial branch, right? Does any discrimination law? I can't find any, but I must be wrong (I hope)

From The Power and Scope of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act--Using it to Advocate for Your Rights as a Person with a Disability

The Rehabilitation Act does not apply to the Judicial Branch or federal courts.

----

Is this article old and now incorrect?

From Access to the Courts - A Guide to Reasonable Accommodations for People with Disabilities

Your Rights in Federal Courts
What are my rights to reasonable accommodations in federal courts?

Neither the ADA nor any other federal law gives you the right to a reasonable accommodation for your disability in federal court proceedings. Federal courts include district courts, bankruptcy courts, circuit courts of appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.

I don't believe federal courts can discriminate against people with disability. They can't, right?

:ty:

Jillio: Section 504 doesn't apply to judicial branch, right? Does any discrimination law? I can't find any, but I must be wrong (I hope)

From The Power and Scope of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act--Using it to Advocate for Your Rights as a Person with a Disability

Section 504 applies to any entity that receives any kind of federal funding. Regarding the judicial branch, to refuse to provied effective communication violates existing due process laws, so not only are deaf individuals protected under various sections of the ADA, but also under existing laws that protect everyone from discrimination in the legal system. Section 504 specifically covers things like jails, prisons, half way houses, etc. once a conviction has been obtained and the sentence is being carried out.The Rehabilitation Act does not apply to the Judicial Branch or federal courts.

----

Is this article old and now incorrect?

From Access to the Courts - A Guide to Reasonable Accommodations for People with Disabilities

Your Rights in Federal Courts
What are my rights to reasonable accommodations in federal courts?

Neither the ADA nor any other federal law gives you the right to a reasonable accommodation for your disability in federal court proceedings. Federal courts include district courts, bankruptcy courts, circuit courts of appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.

I don't believe federal courts can discriminate against people with disability. They can't, right?

:ty:

No, they can't. It is a violation of due process laws.

let me tell you few things.

the law requires all business or school to provide the interpreter. if they refuse, you can file a complaint and sue them for violating your right to have an interpreter. business and school is required to pay you for damage since they refused to provide the interpreter...

reasons are that you would be not good at hearing you barely understand hearies saying... and also you might start forgetting how to use the voice if you don't talk with your voice everyday... thirdly, when you are fluency in ASL which you don't use the voice and ears to hear.

when I left college because I was not satisfied with interpreting coordinator for refusing to provide me the interpreter. it is also too late for me to file a complaint because under California law requirement minimum 2 years I can file a complaint.

if I go there in college when they refuse to provide me the interpreter so I would sue them for sure because it will be good middle of minimum 2 years

Garrett

let me tell you few things.

the law requires all business or school to provide the interpreter. if they refuse, you can file a complaint and sue them for violating your right to have an interpreter. business and school is required to pay you for damage since they refused to provide the interpreter...

reasons are that you would be not good at hearing you barely understand hearies saying... and also you might start forgetting how to use the voice if you don't talk with your voice everyday... thirdly, when you are fluency in ASL which you don't use the voice and ears to hear.

when I left college because I was not satisfied with interpreting coordinator for refusing to provide me the interpreter. it is also too late for me to file a complaint because under California law requirement minimum 2 years I can file a complaint.

if I go there in college when they refuse to provide me the interpreter so I would sue them for sure because it will be good middle of minimum 2 years

Garrett

I agree with you... they broke ADA laws...

I stated I was hard of hearing. That was a brain fart I guess. I'm not hard of hearing i'm deaf. I apologize for the mess up.

Back