Can someone help me ?

Pepsi

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to go to a new years party. But there is nothing going on in my state.I live in West Virginia. And I would like to meet people that are hard of hearing.

Have you tried DeafCoffee. com?

West Virginia lacks when it comes to events for the deaf. Are you willing to drive to the closest larger city (such as Pittsburgh, Washington, Baltimore and even Cleveland)?

thank you.

West Virginia lacks when it comes to events for the deaf. Are you willing to drive to the closest larger city (such as Pittsburgh, Washington, Baltimore and even Cleveland)?

West Virginia lacks in everything.I could drive to one of the cities.I hate to drive in the winter.I live in WV. for about 21 years and belive me when i say i feel like the only one that is hard of hearing.There are no programs and that realy sucks because my doctors told me that i will lose all of my hearing. and I accept that there is no where i can go to learn sign.or meet anyone who is like me.Thank you Brian.

thank you.

I did try Deafcoffee.com they have a meeting in a town I never heard of .

hi . . . .

I would like to go to a new years party. But there is nothing going on in my state.I live in West Virginia. And I would like to meet people that are hard of hearing.

I live in virginia, down in the newport news area, I am not sure how far away you are from me, I will look it up, but if you are interested, maybe we can become friends. I know ASL, and am in school for interpreting. I dont' know much about parties, but It would be awesome for me to have one for the Deaf/hard of hearing community around here. I never thought about it! hmmmm, but anyway, if you ever want to take a road trip this way, I am willing to help you learn ASL and just to be friends. Let me know whats up, either email me or pm me on here. I am always looking for friends. I know it always seems like we are alone when we live in areas where Deaf and HOH people aren't prominent. I just started wearing HA's recently and have been trying to plug into a network of deaf people but around here all there is are a lot of older people of whom I can't really connect with. I have tried going to silent dinners and things like that, but it seems like I can't really find stuff around here either.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested, or have other ideas for me to try. Thanks for listening!

West Virginia .. ouch, because I tried to find any good deaf events in there, and I couldn't find any. I have some friends who live in Martinsburg area, and they usually stay at mobile home, not much going out, because they could not find any good events in that town. I couldn't imagine myself living in West Virginia. IF you are not happy where you are in, why stay? Move to any cities that has deaf events going on every weeks/month to make yourself happy by socializing with other deafies/hoh.
DeafDC for Washington DC Deaf Professionals - DPHH is the only site I always visit for events, etc. I understand that DC and WV is not close. Wish you a best luck to find something to do during the NYE.

West Virginia .. ouch, because I tried to find any good deaf events in there, and I couldn't find any. I have some friends who live in Martinsburg area, and they usually stay at mobile home, not much going out, because they could not find any good events in that town. I couldn't imagine myself living in West Virginia. IF you are not happy where you are in, why stay? Move to any cities that has deaf events going on every weeks/month to make yourself happy by socializing with other deafies/hoh.
DeafDC for Washington DC Deaf Professionals - DPHH is the only site I always visit for events, etc. I understand that DC and WV is not close. Wish you a best luck to find something to do during the NYE.

Thank You so much. I have been thinking of moving back to my home state Maryland.I have not met one person here in 22 years that is deaf or hoh. and i had to put up with alot crap from people who have nothing better to do than take pot shots at me because of my hearing and speech.

I live in virginia, down in the newport news area, I am not sure how far away you are from me, I will look it up, but if you are interested, maybe we can become friends. I know ASL, and am in school for interpreting. I dont' know much about parties, but It would be awesome for me to have one for the Deaf/hard of hearing community around here. I never thought about it! hmmmm, but anyway, if you ever want to take a road trip this way, I am willing to help you learn ASL and just to be friends. Let me know whats up, either email me or pm me on here. I am always looking for friends. I know it always seems like we are alone when we live in areas where Deaf and HOH people aren't prominent. I just started wearing HA's recently and have been trying to plug into a network of deaf people but around here all there is are a lot of older people of whom I can't really connect with. I have tried going to silent dinners and things like that, but it seems like I can't really find stuff around here either.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested, or have other ideas for me to try. Thanks for listening!

Yes I would like to meet you and become freinds.you sound like a nice person that I would like to get to know.even if i moved back to Maryland it would be even better.

Last edited:
Yes I would like to meet you and become freinds.you sound like a nice person that I would like to get to know.even if i moved back to Maryland it would be even better.

email me or pm me anytime, I would love to chat. BTW, my hearing aids broke today! I hate these things!!! LOL. I just bought them a little over a month ago and they cost me 4000 USD, and now they are both messed up just 3 days after my 30 day trial period. I am calling the audie tomorrow and asking him what he can do about it. I would hate to have it happen again, grrrr. :( Take care!! ~~

If u do ever move to MD, we can get together and stuff. I do go to DPHH, that authentic mentioned, sometimes. Are u trying to find a job down here?

email me or pm me anytime, I would love to chat. BTW, my hearing aids broke today! I hate these things!!! LOL. I just bought them a little over a month ago and they cost me 4000 USD, and now they are both messed up just 3 days after my 30 day trial period. I am calling the audie tomorrow and asking him what he can do about it. I would hate to have it happen again, grrrr. :( Take care!! ~~

I`am sorry that your aids broke. hope you get them fix fast.I know what it`s like not having both of mine.I will email you soon.:cool:

If u do ever move to MD, we can get together and stuff. I do go to DPHH, that authentic mentioned, sometimes. Are u trying to find a job down here?

There is a big chance i will move back to Maryland.I would like to get together with you.I won`t need a job right away, i will be o.k. for awhile.My family has been begging for me to move back.I got a feeling i will make freinds if i get out of here.

I`am sorry that your aids broke. hope you get them fix fast.I know what it`s like not having both of mine.I will email you soon.:cool:

cool thats great, i can't wait to hear from you. I hate not having my HA's. I am using my right one right now its a Siemens and it doesn't do the twisty thing like my new ones are doing, so I know something is wrong with them. Oh darn it, I need them, I feel lost without them. Oh well. Thanks for listening! :) Take care ~~

Back