Can Purple SmartVP beat Sorenson Ntouch VP?

Well, I don't see features in screen of your SmartVP. you said no app, youtube, etc..

Is that same feature?
safe_image.php

Screen-Shot-2013-05-13-at-1.13.16-PM-540x329.png

I have heard of this phrase thousands of time, and most of them they were incorrect. Router by default allows all outbound traffic, which means anything that goes out of router is open, this includes outgoing calls! But most of the ports on the router by default blocks the incoming traffic, that includes incoming calls! Once configure the router to allow specific ports to come in, then the ringing WILL work. Router by default allows incoming traffic for most common ports like port 80, 443, 20 and they are for web browsers. Hence why it appears to be configured properly and fools alot people. Your not alone.
Often router reset themselves and automatically erase the settings, this is reason why router needs to be checked again EVEN if they were properly configured. I have seen them happen too numerous times.

ok fyi the router was setup correctly and working on day one and never worked for incoming calls only outgoing works and u talking about downloadable apps im not talking about purple p3 im talking about apps in smart tv they did said it at detroit deafnation expo i asked them all the questions and yes they did said that and half of features doesnt exist i did find the same on on telyhd website it does have wifi and bluetooth hmm? see?

same features u dont undy that what im talking about? from app menu there should be downladable android app such as skype, etc
Well, I don't see features in screen of your SmartVP. you said no app, youtube, etc..

Is that same feature?
safe_image.php

Screen-Shot-2013-05-13-at-1.13.16-PM-540x329.png

same features u dont undy that what im talking about? from app menu there should be downladable android app such as skype, etc

Its not an andriod. period. Either you misunderstood or expected something that wasnt there in my opinion. Also - for you to say that its been setup correctly from day one and still no incoming calls, then it WASNT setup right still. I hear stories ALL the time too just like diehard biker and its nothing new. its ALWAYS the setup of firewall settings. Period. People dont design things and then start giving it to users when it doesnt work. when things work as intended, then they will give it out. SO - on your end there is a problem . somewhere. just gotta find it and figure it out. thats all.

Its not an andriod. period. Either you misunderstood or expected something that wasnt there in my opinion. Also - for you to say that its been setup correctly from day one and still no incoming calls, then it WASNT setup right still. I hear stories ALL the time too just like diehard biker and its nothing new. its ALWAYS the setup of firewall settings. Period. People dont design things and then start giving it to users when it doesnt work. when things work as intended, then they will give it out. SO - on your end there is a problem . somewhere. just gotta find it and figure it out. thats all.

I think what vwbug19 was trying to say that Purple advertised those features like YouTube or CaptionFish etc "downloadable apps" was going to be a SmartVP feature because in the SmartVP video advertisement it said "And More" making us assumed there will be more apps downloadable for SmartVP.

That what I think he trying to tell you.

If I am wrong then my mistake .. sorry....

exaxtly what i meant what the purple team said about it at the expo!
I think what vwbug19 was trying to say that Purple advertised those features like YouTube or CaptionFish etc "downloadable apps" was going to be a SmartVP feature because in the SmartVP video advertisement it said "And More" making us assumed there will be more apps downloadable for SmartVP.

accually it is android based i was able to pull build.rop from it it is version 2.2 of android and the file tree is eactly same as android mobile if you checked telyhd website it does says android based

The key is that Purple says, "will be" which means some day in the future. They do not promise an exact date for these features.

newsflash! the smartvp indeed does have built in bluetooth and wifi its just disabled the same way you see in your android mobile phone setting i was able to verify and confirm wifi connectivity fyi dont play with bluetooth pairing it did killed my rf remote control as for wifi its not 100% stable it would cut in and out it is very interesting and on plus side there is regular apps same as the mobile phone only purple startup hides it hmmmm....? here is the photo proof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 19
hmmmm... the rf remote control now worked fine its a mystery you were right about being a rf type needing to be changing to an ir type bec rf is known to have issue with rf interference same as ir is prone to light interference from bright window or sun rays
newsflash! the smartvp indeed does have built in bluetooth and wifi its just disabled the same way you see in your android mobile phone setting i was able to verify and confirm wifi connectivity fyi dont play with bluetooth pairing it did killed my rf remote control as for wifi its not 100% stable it would cut in and out it is very interesting and on plus side there is regular apps same as the mobile phone only purple startup hides it hmmmm....? here is the photo proof

wtf? no wifi and bluetooth and no downloadable apps? they lied to everyone about the features i saw what they said at detroit deafnation expo first show of smartvp! last spring and see? i have smartvp since oct 10 th and no feature and incoming flashing no work after they left hmmm?

Do you have user manual for SmartVP from your installer or out of the box?

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 4th generation.)

if any iphone or any other apple products for you want for full screen you would need to turn it around for landscape. otherwise if you had it in polard it you will see the black strip as it stand up but turn the sideway as landscape. it is full screen. I don't have a problem with an sideways with full screen. i am currently using my ipod touch. i don't own any ipad or iphone or other cell phone. I am using my ipod touch.

Make a picture to clear please.

Back