Can I have your signature please??

JoshiesWorld

Reaction score
Hey guys I am hoping like crazy that I am not doing anything wrong here by creating a thread under this category or anywhere in general asking for some help from all of you especially that the people I have a common with -- Deaf or Hard Of Hearing. I am needing some of your help by signing your signatures at this petition that I created at change.org for a petition against my local internet provider SuddenLink Communications who recently for some reason out of no where flatly discriminated my rights as Deaf person by adding data limit on my internet without my knowledge which this means that SuddenLink allows their hearing customers using their phone service to call anyone they pleases without any limitation while their Deaf or Hard of Hearing customers are now limited due to data limit on their internet service so either today or yesterday as I have been with SuddenLink for several years for their amazing broadband internet which were unlimited for more than a decade until today or yesterday they made it data limit for their internet service and that means:

Discrimination and unfair! How? Adding data limit on the internet service which is used heavily by their Deaf or Hard of Hearing people because they rely on the internet connection to make calls using video phone provided by Video Relay Service while providing the phone service for the customers that can hear with no limits howsoever which that mean that their hearing customers can call as much as they pleases while we as their Deaf or Hard Of Hearing customers cannot due to data limit on the internet service that is required for our communication technology of a way to make calls. Unfair right?!

I'd greatly appreciate for your signatures! Here is the link to the petition which that will take you to change.org website, this is a shortening link by chn.ge (through bit.ly) so please don't worry as it is a shortened link to the charge.org petition created by me against SuddenLink Communications.

http://chn.ge/1fByBAZ

P.S. That is not all that I am advocating against SuddenLink Communications as I have already sent an email to NAD and FCC about this issue so hopefully this will makes it even easier to tell SuddenLink Communications that their action for adding data limit is unfair to the Deaf or Hard Of Hearing customers.

Greatly appreciated! :ty::ty::ty::ty:

I'm a little surprised that an internet provider is putting a cap on data limits. Might be because SuddenLink is a smaller ISP, don't know but have never seen any ISP limit data usage... that I know of.

:hmm:

I use a lot of Netflix, some VP, YouTubes, some with downloading updates... never heard a single word from my ISP about my usage.

Seems like Suddenlink is not a big ISP like At&T and Comcast/Xfinity and they may have a lower limit than larger ISP. hmm

Is suddenlink a cell phone service?
No. SuddenLink is middle sized telecommunication company that provides television, internet (50mbps, 75mbps, 100mbps, 150mbps and 1Gig speed) and security stuff. SuddenLink Communications are known for providing one of the fastest internet in Ky, WV, Oh, Tenn, VA, MO etc and recently it looks like they're starting to provide in Texas.

Their wikipedia to give you the idea of SuddenLink Communications company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suddenlink_Communications

I'm a little surprised that an internet provider is putting a cap on data limits. Might be because SuddenLink is a smaller ISP, don't know but have never seen any ISP limit data usage... that I know of.

:hmm:
They aren't small ISP, they are actually quite large. More so middle-sized if you will. I am even surprised myself because SuddenLink Communications always have been known as unlimited fastest internet in states like Ky, WV, VA, TN, MO, few more I think and looks like they starts providing in Texas somewhere in rural recently for testing in that state.

For some reason they decided to go from being known one of the best unlimited fastest ISP to... Limited but recently got faster as they went 1GIG speed.

To get know SuddenLink Communications more here's Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suddenlink_Communications
I use a lot of Netflix, some VP, YouTubes, some with downloading updates... never heard a single word from my ISP about my usage.

Seems like Suddenlink is not a big ISP like At&T and Comcast/Xfinity and they may have a lower limit than larger ISP. hmm
SuddenLink took over Charter few years ago just so you know.

they didn't acquire ALL of Charter or Cox... just regional systems that they were getting rid of... for example Charter may provide to NC (they do-- the Outer Banks has that as their carrier)... Charter would provide to markets like Outer Banks, Charlotte, Raleigh etc but would decide to sell off markets like in Wilson or Mebane to say SuddenLink. At least that's how I understand it when they say "acquired cable systems from..."

Altice just acquired SuddenLink. this year.

Back