Can children distinguish early on...

Beowulf is Deaf. You are again attempting to be patronizing regarding the culture of the Deaf by demeaning it and reducing it to the level of some sort of "club".

If you are trying to learn something, you are using a very strange technique in doing that.

And no where did AlleyCat "cuss you out". Stop overdramatizing. It certainly doesn't make you appear as if you are open minded and willing to learn.

Being Deaf is a club? That's news to me! it's a way of life!

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Trying divide and conquer now? Pathetic.

Jillio warned us about this up thread. I happen to respect Beowulf and I know that he can handle not agreeing. Just because I disagree with some one doesn't mean that I'm not friends with him or that I don't support him.

Jillio warned us about this up thread. I happen to respect Beowulf and I know that he can handle not agreeing. Just because I disagree with some one doesn't mean that I'm not friends with him or that I don't support him.

I told someone else something similar the other day.

Fallicious comparison. You have only enough knowledge to show us all exactly how little you really know.

lol, this is pathetic comeback even for you - wish it were true, though, eh :)

Fuzzy

Enough with the Holly Deaf High Horse already, people.

This not some God chosen culture, I don't recall God parting waters for you.

Despite some unimaginative experts stiffly clinging to what they laboriusly learned,
there is a possibility that some young children have a gut sense of something more that just merely being "deaf" - but of being "Deaf" indeed.

Nobody claims a 5 y.o is capable of understanding the whole implications
of what belonging to the CULTURE means, just that they are having the vague sense of it, is all.

sheesh.

Fuzzy

Despite some unimaginative experts stiffly clinging to what they laboriusly learned,
there is a possibility that some young children have a gut sense of something more that just merely being "deaf" - but of being "Deaf" indeed.

of what belonging to the CULTURE means, just that they are having the vague sense of it, is all.

sheesh.

Fuzzy

No culture is God chosen.:roll:

Thanks. You are now agreeing. A five year old can understand in a limited 5 year old way that they are deaf. They cannot, however, make a choice to identify as culturally Deaf. That is exactly what I have been saying all along. If you had been focused on what I said instead of trying to prove it wrong, you wouldn't have gotten yourself into an argument you didn't even understand.:laugh2:

of what belonging to the CULTURE means, just that they are having the vague sense of it, is all

sheesh.

Fuzzy

What we have been saying all along but we got told wrong. Maybe they will agree with you because they like you. :bowdown:

A59556.jpg

this picture of black and white, "oyvey" with the clock but numbers are falling off from the clock

No culture is God chosen.:roll:

Exactly, so stop acting like you are chosen already.

Thanks. You are now agreeing. A five year old can understand in a limited 5 year old way that they are deaf. They cannot, however, make a choice to identify as culturally Deaf. That is exactly what I have been saying all along. If you had been focused on what I said instead of trying to prove it wrong, you wouldn't have gotten yourself into an argument you didn't even understand.:laugh2:

Oh, no, in no way I am agreeing. not now, not before, not ever.

read my first post again, please:
Because if I can have a vivid memory of having a strong sense of being deaf at such a young age,
maybe it is possible that a 5 year old child does may have a sense of belonging to a certain group, after all,
even if the full implications of what it mean to be Deaf and the Deaf culture mean is beyond her full understanding.

and tell me when and ever I said a 5 years old can make a conscious choice to identify as Deaf???
All along and always I was saying a 5 years old may have VAGUE sense of Deaf Culture and belonging to it without having
the full grasp of what it all means, period.

and for a 5 years old, that's sufficient information.
Because all she or he wants at this age is this - to be with others who look like them because they sign like them, they can't hear like them
and often wear HAs or CI like them.

And if that is not a 5 years old version of a Deaf Culture, then I don't know what is.

ENOUGH! already, Jillio! just stop your usual lies, twisting and putting words into people's mouth they never ever said - RIGHT NOW!

Fuzzy

Exactly, so stop acting like you are chosen already.

Oh, no, in no way I am agreeing. not now, not before, not ever.

read my first post again, please:
Because if I can have a vivid memory of having a strong sense of being deaf at such a young age,
maybe it is possible that a 5 year old child does may have a sense of belonging to a certain group, after all,
even if the full implications of what it mean to be Deaf and the Deaf culture mean is beyond her full understanding.

and tell me when and ever I said a 5 years old can make a conscious choice to identify as Deaf???
All along and always I was saying a 5 years old may have VAGUE sense of Deaf Culture and belonging to it without having
the full grasp of what it all means, period.

and for a 5 years old, that's sufficient information.
Because all she or he wants at this age is this - to be with others who look like them because they sign like them, they can't hear like them

And if that is not a 5 years old version of a Deaf Culture, then I don't know what is.

ENOUGH! already, Jillio! just stop your usual lies, twisting and putting words into people's mouth they never ever said - RIGHT NOW!

Fuzzy

In that case, you don't know what you are doing, because in the post where I stated that you were agreeing, you said exactly the same thing I said in the first page of this thread, and also in the other thread that spawned it. :laugh2:

You really are a hoot.:laugh2: Don't know what you said and when, yet you try to interpret what others say.:laugh2:

Point out a single lie I have posted.

A 5 year old doesn't have a version of Deaf culture. You even agreed with that. You are pitiful. Your need to be disagreeable and fight with people has you spouting off things that are making you look like a complete fool.:laugh2: Keep posting, AudioFuzzy. You are shooting yourself in the foot. I love it.

Oh no, sweetie, if you think you are going to scare me with you silly laughing faces and woohoo rattle me with them - don't even bother.

I know your game :wave:

There is such thing as NUANCES, you know, and that's what I am pertaining to when I point out the differences between
MAKING A CHOICE and HAVING A GUT SENSE of something.

Sorry if that laboriously earned psychological education of yours doesn't
let you grasp this simple concept.

As for the lies- just read your own posts, honey, any which one- why don't you start with the one above to which I just responded minutes ago, hmm?

Fuzzy

You've gone off the deep end, Fuzzy!:laugh2:

Keep going though. This is really an entertaining show you are putting on!:laugh2: Not doing much to make you look like an intelligent adult, but hey, it is really funny!

A 5 year old doesn't have a version of Deaf culture. You even agreed with that.

Again, NO I DIDN'T AGREE,

and yes I said a 5 years old VERSION OF DEAF CULTURE is the following:

Because all she or he wants at this age is this - to be with others who look like them because they sign like them,
they can't hear like them and often wear HAs or CI like them.

which in simple words means to a 5 years old THIS is a 5 yo child's version of the Deaf Culture World.

to be with others who look like them because they sign like them, they can't hear like them
-THAT is a 5 years old version of Deaf Culture.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, hmmm... :roll:

Fuzzy

Last edited:
Okay, whose got the chill pills today? Someone give one to Fuzzy before she bursts a gasket!:lol:

All this backpedaling isn't helping you, Fuzz, old gal. It is already there in black and white. :laugh2:

You must be drunk.
A child cannot be Deaf.

Good post.

I cannot understand how someone can suggest that a five year old child can identify as Deaf.

When I think back to five year old me I don't know that I even understood what 'deaf' meant. How do you know what that means when you don't know any different? In my small little world everyone around me was the same. I had some sound recognition of tones but how do you know the difference between hearing and deaf when you don't know what it truly means to hear? To me, *I* heard. Not very well, but I still heard.

As I mentioned, it was only when going to school, and no more sign was allowed, that I had a, how do you say, rude awakening when I was thrown to the wolves. That was the moment I realized I was different. That I was deaf. An outsider to the hearing world.

Only in the last decade do I know what it means to be Deaf. A whole world opened up with that discovery. My *true* identity. A realization that, for all those years that I felt invisible in the hearing crowd, I was suddenly no longer invisible.

I'd think you'd have to be the most amazing child on the planet to know what 'Deaf' means at the age of five.:hmm:

Back