Can children distinguish early on...

I'm not a religious person but your post made me think of the story of Moses. Born to a culture that he never felt like he belonged to. He just felt 'different' from the Egyptians. It was only when he discovered that he was a Jew did he *finally* understand his heritage and culture and embraced it. Like a light went on for him.

For me, I was the same. Once I found *my people* I knew I was home but I didn't know I was looking for them until I found them.

But you see, GrendelQ daughter has this beautiful advantage over Moses
than nobody denies her her culture, wich is Deaf Culture.

On the contrary, she is being 'delivered' into it, and herein lies the difference between her and the biblical Moses.

And in this, she doesn't have to 'discover' she is Deaf, she already knows
the Deaf culture, which is totally different set of circumstances
and thus allowed the Deaf experiences to be freely experienced and absorbed :wave:

Fuzzy

All this backpedaling isn't helping you, Fuzz, old gal. It is already there in black and white.

All this manipulating, bellitling and funny faces won't help you, Jillio.

It may work on your dedicated band of followers, but not on sane people who can see right thru your tired, old tricks, period.

:wave:

Fuzzy

PFH
Show me where the hate is.

For example, it shows here:
F_J
Either a child has the capacity to be Deaf or they don't.

PFH
They don't in a hearing household.

On what grounds other than your own angry-deaf opinion you base this theory?
Just because a hearing impaired child happened in a hearing envinroment doesn't mean it can't have a capacity to be Deaf.

They always do, just because they are not always allowed to SHOW it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Fuzzy

Wirelessly posted

but why would a Deaf of Deaf child be considered Deaf but a child being raised the same way, with the same cultural NOT be?

We have explained that over and over. The problem is not that it hasn't been explained, it is that you refuse, or are simply incapable of, understanding.

My 5-year old son is fluent in ASL and is around it and Deaf adults but he has no clue about Deaf culture. He just knows with non-signer, he uses his voice only and with signers he uses voice off.

Yeppers. Code switching. Shows advanced language understanding. But does not indicate cultural awareness.

But you see, GrendelQ daughter has this beautiful advantage over Moses
than nobody denies her her culture, wich is Deaf Culture.

On the contrary, she is being 'delivered' into it, and herein lies the difference between her and the biblical Moses.

And in this, she doesn't have to 'discover' she is Deaf, she already knows
the Deaf culture, which is totally different set of circumstances
and thus allowed the Deaf experiences to be freely experienced and absorbed :wave:

Fuzzy

No she doesn't. In fact, she has obstacles Moses never encountered.

All this manipulating, bellitling and funny faces won't help you, Jillio.

It may work on your dedicated band of followers, but not on sane people who can see right thru your tired, old tricks, period.

:wave:

Fuzzy

:laugh2:

You are beginning to sound paranoid.:lol: Just add that to the list.:laugh2:

Obviously, your hate toward hearies blinds you to healthy common sense.

I just told you my story how I yearned to be around deaf in a very pro hearing enviroment.

Fuzzy

But you still haven't learned how to be around Deaf.:lol: Nor do you seem capapble of understanding the mind set differences between deaf and Deaf.

PFH

F_J

PFH

Just because a hearing impaired child happened in a hearing envinroment doesn't mean it can't have a capacity to be Deaf.

They always do, just because they are not always allowed to SHOW it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Fuzzy

That isn't hate. It is cold hard fact you don't want to accept.:laugh2:

PFH

F_J

PFH

Fuzzy
there you go. your misinformed little bowl of noodle rears itself.

Can you point out where I said anything hateful towards hearies?

Okay, pod in a pea, that is it exactly!:ty:

Until you leave your little cocoon that is family you don't realize just how different you are. When you are finally an adult you get to discover yourself the way that *you* want to and not the way that hearing family wants you to.

Right. I love my family and hearing people but detest the way some of them expect me to behave. I try to be gentle in showing them the proper way, but sometimes it gets hairy. :giggle:

there you go. your misinformed little bowl of noodle rears itself.

Can you point out where I said anything hateful towards hearies?

For starters, I politely asked you a question you never replied to
nor explained.
No, next you opened your post by rudely attacking me, insulting me.
All this in addition to the previous unresolved discussed issue.

Maybe in your private little world this is some kind of twisted love,
in mine it's certainly NOT.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy hates it when he/she asks the same question over and over and its just not answered in a way that he/she likes. You saw how he/she badgered poor Shoshana on end.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Fuzzy, you might want to reflect on the fact that you called a child "it" twice. Maybe that's part of the problem with connecting with people here.

sound on pretty reading terrible on kids on I am very aware it complication

Back